*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813110
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1955446
A young man learns to lead his friends and survivors in a world of the Undead (Draft)
#813110 added April 9, 2014 at 1:50am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 74: Andrew - All Ends
“No.”

“What do you mean no?” Anna asked, confused. The smell of the burning barn still filled the air as the flames continued to billow out of the windows. Andrew looked around, taking in the site. Nick and Brandon fighting the fire, all the kids searching the area for any possible breaches in security, human or otherwise, and Monica… tending to him on the ground just outside the dining hall.

“He’s dead.”

“James is alive, Andrew. But faintly. He’s burned pretty bad and we aren’t sure if he’ll make it, but he’s alive.” Anna re-affirmed, “It’s okay, he’s alive.” Andrew stepped back, and looked up to the dark, cloudy sky. His arms went limp to his sides, and he felt a single teardrop roll down his cheek. And then it stopped. Andrew straightened himself again. He looked straight ahead at Anna as his eyes dried up and he wiped away a tear. “Are you okay?” She asked.

“I’m fine.” Andrew said, walking forward with a kind of anger in his stride and shoving past Anna. “The Bedlam is still alive.”

“Are you kidding me!” Andrew heard from behind him. He stopped and slowly turned to see Nick looking at him in shock. “We go through all this and you let The Bedlam get away!”

“I had a reason.” Andrew said calmly. Nick was drawing the attention of the rest of the survivors.

“What reason? What stupid f***ed up reason? This is why you can’t lead us. This is why you can’t…” Nick started to rant, but he was silenced by the sight of Andrew’s revolver pointed at his chest.

“I made a decision. I made a call. I had my reasons, and I’m not gonna listen to your critique.” Andrew said.

“Why?” Nick asked, holding his hands above his head. Andrew looked around, all eyes in the camp on him.

“Because, I’m in charge. I’m The Regulator. And from this point forward, we survive by doing things my way.” Andrew holstered his revolver, turned, and walked away.
© Copyright 2014 BreakingDead (UN: breakingdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BreakingDead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813110