*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813414-This-Woman-is-No-Miss-Piggy-or-Is-She
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#813414 added April 11, 2014 at 12:21am
Restrictions: None
This Woman is No Miss Piggy or Is She?
About half an hour ago, I did Buzzfeed.com's personality test, Which Muppet Are You? Well, according to this, I ended up being Miss Piggy. The explanation for the Miss Piggy character was: "No matter where you are, you always let your diva flag fly. You're all about glamor and glitter and all that good stuff. You're not afraid to speak your mind and you always get what you want."

I wish, I wish, I wish! But I don't like glitter. I am a bit on the frumpy side, not so bad that you'd put a coin in my hand if you saw me on the street because I outfit me enough so I don't gross people out. And I don't always get what I want. I try with passion, but trying hardly works, does it or doesn't it? Hmmm...

So, not being convinced about me being Miss Piggy, I took another personality test from UK:
http://www.matthewbarr.co.uk/muppets

Lo and Behold! I am Miss Piggy, again. No wonder I eat the whoooole thing! But to tell the truth, probably for being Miss Piggy, I have a thing for Kermit. I've always had a thing for Kermit. Even though my older five-year old carried the Cookie Monster on his trike's handlebar, and my younger one loved Bernie, and Bert, and Big bird all at the same time. But that was way back when, only a few years after the Sesame Street first came to life on Channel 13 in New York.

Even though some shows photocopied Kermit later, there was only one Kermit, who was brought to life by (RIP) Jim Henson himself with all the glottal affectations and everything else. The froggies after the initial Kermit who became Kermit, I felt, were only bad copies. Jim Henson was a phenomenon. In fact, after him, I stayed away from the Muppets. Why shouldn't I? My kids were grown already.

What made Kermit great was his sense of humor, and his heart was in the right place. I choke when I think about Kermit. No wonder, I am Miss Piggy...as they tell me.

But one more thing I must confess before the clock strikes midnight and I lose both my slippers. I like Buzzfeed's far out personality tests. According to them, I am:

*Bullet* More fit to live in Texas or Denmark

*Bullet* Dorothy from the Golden Girls

*Bullet* Would be most comfortable living in Imperial China

*Bullet* Sleeping Beauty of the fairy tale princesses

*Bullet* Ronald Reagan of the presidents

*Bullet* Obi wan Kenobi of Star Wars

*Bullet* Shakespeare from the writers

*Bullet* Mr. Edmund Bertram of the Jane Austen Heroes.

*Bullet* A dragon from among the fantasy characters

If I am all those things, what the heck, I might as well be Kermit and Miss Piggy, and Big Bird and the entire nation of Muppets, all at the same time, so I can flaunt my team spirit, after all! Just like Miss Piggy's pearls...

----------------------------
Prompt: Which Muppet character do you most identify with? Kermit? Oscar? Gonzo? Statler? Waldorf? Beaker? Elmo? Zoe? Miss Piggy?

© Copyright 2014 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813414-This-Woman-is-No-Miss-Piggy-or-Is-She