*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813483-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#813483 added April 11, 2014 at 7:05pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
I'm taking a little time to get this written now, or I have a feeling it may get kind of late on me. Hopefully, with this done now, I can get to bed on time and get a good nights sleep in, or tomorrow is going to be hell, since I didn't get much sleep last night. I don't know why, but I just couldn't get to sleep, and once I did, I was up and down four or five times. Take into account that I didn't get to bed until eleven, and got up a little after three, and you can see it wasn't a very restful night at all. I have to be up that early again tomorrow, so I'm hoping to both get to bed earlier, and sleep better tonight.

I'm plenty tired now, and could fall asleep sitting here if I let myself. Funny how tired a person can get, but then when you get into bed to actually sleep, you can't. Luckily for me, that's not very often. As a rule I fall asleep very quickly. Nights like last night are the rare times this does not hold true. And, it's starting to look like this is most common after I have had some time off. I suppose I get caught up on my sleep over the two or three days I get off, then when it's time to get to bed early, I'm not tired enough to sleep. It must be something similar to this.

I've been working on our taxes this afternoon, since I got home. Rhonda had them about done, but we would have had to pay in this year. So, I decided to see how much we could get that amount reduced if we listed deductions. Unfortunately, we didn't file and sort things for this, since we didn't know we would need to list these items. I spent the better part of the afternoon, looking for documents and figuring up totals for the deductions we can claim. I haven't gotten far enough along to see if it's going to help out or not, but I'm hoping we can at least break even.

Just think, there was a time in our history as a nation, that we did not have to pay any income tax to the government. Of course, things were different then, but it still seems like something went way out of whack from those days to the present. I like the idea of no income tax, or if we must pay, just having a flat rate straight across the board for all earned income. No exemptions, no special taxes, just base it on earned income and do away with the rest of the crap. No refunds, no corrections, no taxes due, just a set amount from the money a person earns, deducted straight from their check. If a family of five has one person working, then it's one income and it's taxed the set rate, no adjustments or other crap. If two of them work, they each pay the same rate on the income they earned. Think of how much simpler it would be, and how many government jobs would be ended. The money they save on the current tax system would lower the base rate to five percent or less, I betcha!

Of course, I think that government as a whole could be downsized and save a lot of tax money for us. I've never been a fan of big government, and feel the fed should only provide basic services for the states, in order to protect their sovereign rights to govern themselves. In today's age it's becoming more and more common for laws to be passed and enforced to end bullying. Yet, each of the fifty states are bullied by the bulky fed constantly. Do this or you lose money, do that or you have to pay more -- it's almost like blackmail, in my opinion.

Well, enough about that for  tonight, I don't want to give myself nightmares. Besides, I'm coming up on having my 750 words written for this site. Yes, I'm writing in 750 Words still, and when I hit the mark, I make my quota for the day. At the same time, I'm writing my journal entry for WdC and will copy and paste this over when I get done. I get two birds with one stone, and like the fact that I'm also holding myself to a minimum number of words, so that I don't get tired, lazy, or short on time and just whip out a handful of random thoughts in two or three short paragraphs and call it my journal entry. To write 750 words requires some thought, and it shows more control over my writing.

Hey, I may be in a slump and not getting any poems or stories written, but at least I have my journal entries done. I feel it's better to write a little than nothing at all.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813483-Friday