*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813511-Death-an-Ever-Present-Companion
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#813511 added April 18, 2014 at 7:50am
Restrictions: None
Death an Ever Present Companion
Going with my girlfriend tomorrow to New Jersey to bury her cousin.  A reminder that death is an ever present companion.  When you think that you are alone and the world is going on, you learn that someone else is also going through the loss of a love one.  They grieve.  They cry.  They laugh.  They do all of the things that make them appear normal, until they tell you what is going on with them.  Then you learn that you are not alone in your grief.

Feeling sadness for my friend and praying that she and her family will grieve together through this loss, and come out of it stronger as a family.

When you experience death, you suddenly become aware of it around you, and know that it must have always been there, but it was not so on your mind.  You tend to forget how close death walks with you because you get so involved in everything else that you are doing.  Then one day you get that dreaded phone call or a love one is told that they have terminal cancer or you see that special someone lose their life.  Somehow you are reminded that your life is just as vulnerable, and that one day you will also have that same experience.  You realize that death is also your constant companion.  Death is one that you cannot shake, trade, or give away.

Empathy with death, those experiencing it and those who are oblivious to it is in order and you feel its closeness in you.  You know that your ticket is still open, and that bothers you because each of us would love to have some idea of how much time we have left.  Well, some of us would like to know this information, at least until we do, then we don't want to know any more.  Death is not a pleasant companion.  Death signifies the end of life as we know it, yet it is also a part of life.  That part that we would much rather forget, and we often do until it knocks again at our door or the door of someone we love.

Yes, death is an ever present companion every day for someone in our world, we just don't always acknowledge its presence.


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813511-Death-an-Ever-Present-Companion