*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813693-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#813693 added April 13, 2014 at 9:20pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
This is just a sample of what this summer may be like, so I will have to make other arrangements to get in here sooner. I worked today, starting at eight, and got done about one this afternoon. Not a bad day, but very cold and windy. It didn't get as busy as a result of being cold and windy, so I didn't have to stick around to provide double coverage after one. I did a little shopping, just picking up a few groceries, and filling up with gas. But, this was enough to let me know it was pretty crazy in the stores and a lot of traffic on the streets. So, not wanting a repeat of yesterday, I went back to work, but was off the clock. I hung out and did some paperwork, just in case it got busy and I would have to clock back in.

For me, it's twenty five miles to work, and then another twenty five back home. So, if I had driven home and needed to go back in, I would have the extra fifty miles of driving for the day. This almost happened yesterday, after it got slow enough for me to clock out and come home. Around two thirty they got real busy at work, and really should have called me. Today they would have called if it got busy, so I decided to stick around and save fifty miles. The price of gas is too high to warrant that many extra miles, especially since I'm working the double coverage hours as needed. In other words, if it gets busy after I clock out, I have to run back in, and then if it slows back down, I have to clock back out. I could easily end up working as little as an hour, and that would barely break even with what it cost me for gas.

So, I stuck it out, but it did not get busy enough for me to have to clock back in. I did have enough time to work out the next schedule, and then left around three thirty. By the time I got out of the store, however, the next guard was just getting there, so I didn't actually leave for home until about a quarter to four. Then, I started looking for some information I need to finish my taxes.

I found what I needed, and was just getting set to start in on going over the dates I needed, when Rhonda got home. So, I put things aside and talked to her for a little bit, then she started supper and I started looking up dates. I got through to June of last year by the time she had our dinner ready, so I put my work aside and we enjoyed a nice dinner in front of the TV. After we finished, we paused our program and she fed the dogs while I worked on the next schedule. See, I had it done at work, but since we cannot have any electronics I couldn't do it on the computer. Instead, I just filled out a rough copy by hand, and had to enter the information in Excel, then print it.

Once I had that done, it's eight in the evening, and I should be thinking of getting ready for bed. After all, I have to get up at three tomorrow for work. But, I had not logged into 750 Words to write this yet, and I had not been in to WdC at all. So I started this journal entry and once I get it finished, I'll log into WdC long enough to take a quick look at messages and post this journal entry. Then it's time to relax a little with a brandy water, before turning in for the night.

Weekends are going to be crazy like this for the summer, since by next month I'll be working double coverage Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Also, the "as needed" will change next month to just a regular scheduled time. Friday will see me working twelve hours and getting done at five at night. Saturday will be eleven hours and I will get done at four, and Sundays will be my short double coverage day, at six hours, getting done at four. Of course, every other weekend I will get done an hour earlier, so three instead of four. That's not going to leave much time to get anything else done over the weekends, but I will get three days off each week. Well, if things go right, which sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't.

We will see, and hope, that most of the time they will.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/813693-Sunday