*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814095-Choosing-a-Dance-for-Your-Avatar-The-Cossack-Dance
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #1987124
Articles for English version of Smeet.com
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#814095 added April 17, 2014 at 9:13am
Restrictions: None
Choosing a Dance for Your Avatar: The Cossack Dance
Hi, my name is WillKane and I want to share with you a little something behind one of my favorite dances as a Smeeter in the English server, and a couple of helpful tips to pick out the best dance you want when you style your avi. I'll start with the Cossack dance, a very fun dance that a lot of people may not think about until they see it. When you think of dancing Cossacks you may first think of some bearded Russian guy crossing his arms squatting and kicking out his legs on the dance floor for a long time. And you'd be right...sort of. It's really called the Hopak, the national dance of Ukraine. It started a few centuries ago when a military group of southern Russians and Ukrainians called the Cossacks celebrated with this victory dance after winning a battle. They re-enacted the battle with the swords and other weapons they used, set to music before their community (kind of like a U.S. Civil War reenactment, only not boring to most anyone I have ever met). These soldiers did all sorts of acrobatic stunts, too, including the squats you see as part of the Smeet dance. They called this dance the Hopak which comes from the Ukrainian word "hopaty" meaning to jump. In TV and movies, you see this dance from The Three Stooges to The Muppet Show and even in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (you know, the one you probably forgot about because it was just that bad).

So whenever you see this dance in Smeet, just know that your avi doesn't have to look Russian. My avi's Style 2 does this dance. You can't miss it; you can ask Kegomelain whenever you see her in Tavern because she goes crazy every time she sees the dance (just mention WillKane the fu man chu guy and she'll know what you're talking about). All you have to do is pick the clothes and other stuff that makes your avi style cool, confident, and fun. That's the idea for picking any dance for your avatar.

Well, hopefully this helps any of you wondering what kind of dance works for your avi. It's all about what you want your style to be. Google a dance if you want to know more about it before you buy it. Also, watch other Smeeters dancing and ask any of them why they pick a dance. People on Smeet dance literally anywhere at any time, so don't be shy. Just dance, dance, dance!

Until next time, this is WillKane wishing you happy Smeeting!
© Copyright 2014 Stallion (UN: pinoy_celt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Stallion has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814095-Choosing-a-Dance-for-Your-Avatar-The-Cossack-Dance