*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814909-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#814909 added April 24, 2014 at 6:14pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday
Getting in here a little earlier today, and it feels good. It's my last day off this week, and it's likely I will be working some long hours for the next two or three days. I wanted to get a lot more accomplished before returning to work, but it just didn't work out that way. Even so, I did have a nice three days off, and I did get a lot of rest and relaxation in. What I didn't get is much time to write.

That's been the problem for some time now, not much time to write, and when I do have time, I'm so tired I can't think straight, let alone type anything coherent. Another problem, that is related, is time in WDC. I just don't get much time to do anything in here, even though I would love to spend a few hours a day just reading and reviewing. I'm just now going through my last two weeks of newsletters, and trying to get caught up a bit with them.

I was surprised to see I had an item in one of the newsletters. It's a pleasant surprise, for sure. The item was my journal, and it was included in the " For Authors: Capture Inspiration" newsletter. The article had to do with writing everyday, something I try to do, and why I started this journal. I have done a very good job, but have missed a day here and there. More often than missed, I'm late.

See, here in South Dakota, it's an hour earlier than in WDC, so I may have the item written, but not posted before midnight WDC time. Even when it's close to the mark, I find I don't get it posted until later than midnight sometimes as a result of writing in 750 words, and then copying the item and pasting it in my journal. The reason I write here, is because it takes a bit of effort to write seven hundred and fifty words, as well as some thought about what to write. My journal, on the other hand, requires no minimum number of words, and I could easily just ramble on a few minutes about nothing and still have an entry.

That would be fine for the entry, but not for me wanting to write everyday. Even though I have little time to write, by doing seven hundred and fifty words, I am at least keeping my writing up to a small degree. It's not very creative by any means, since I tend to write about what's going on or even venting, but it's still writing. Also, it proves to me that I can make myself write, even under pressure, out of time, and when I have very little for creative energy flowing.

But, after seeing my journal listed in the newsletter as a recommended read, I decided I need to put more into my daily entries than just venting and going on with my normal problems. I will to some degree still write about these things, but I want to put more into the journal than just a recap of what took place. What I mean is, I want to put more thought into the items I enter, more opinions, and even more feelings. If I need to vent, sure it's a good place to let out some built up pressure. If there are things taking place that I don't like, it's a good place to put them down, as well.

But, along with this, it's a good place to think and find solutions. It's a good place to work out problems and find solutions that may just provide me with a little more time to write, to read, and to do a few reviews. It may also provide a good idea to follow up with a story, or poem. If nothing else, it will help to clear the junk out and maybe let a little creative energy flow.

Now, it's time to move on to fixing some dinner, Rhonda will be calling from work and on her way home very soon. Then, I need to spend some time with her, get myself ready for returning to work, and then get myself to bed earlier than I usually do. I also told her I would dye her hair tonight, and I would like to take some time to just soak in a hot bathtub.

I work for the next four days, then have a couple off. But, I have some work to do from home as well, so along with some extended hours over the next few days, there's some scheduling and reports to send off. Not much time for anything else, as you can see, but we will do what we can. I purchased a netbook for this reason, so I can bring it along in to work and maybe get some time on it. I can't use it at work, but after, I should be able to. That is, once the hours extend to the full eleven and twelve hour shifts. For now, it's hit and miss, but I am still going to do my best to get a little more time in here.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814909-Thursday