*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815172-DAY-56---April-28-2014
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#815172 added April 28, 2014 at 12:38am
Restrictions: None
DAY 56 - April 28, 2014:
If you could post only one more blog entry FOREVER, what would you say?


I grew up in a home with a good Christian foundation. From the first time I was out of the house, so I'm told, I was taken to church.  As the years went by, I attended church anywhere from 3 to 4 times a week.
In this home and church I was taught that God loved me, He made a place called Heaven for me and if I wanted to go there it was my choice to accept His gift of Salvation.

As a young girl I went for the whole thing without much thought. It was what was expected and what I wanted to belong.  Until I became a teen and questioned everything.
I had to do my own searching. What was it God really wanted of me? Why were there so many rules? Why did some of them make no sense?

Whe I got out of high school I went my own way. Not that I turned my back on everything I had been taught, but I wanted to know what were my choices? I asked questions, compared the answers to the Bible and what I thought was the truth.

When I had exhausted my "learning" I came to a crossroads of sorts. I had to make a decision for myself. I chose to take the doctrine I knew to be tried and true.  That was at a tender age. I married soon after that and I still went through a learning process.

I learned that if you don't learn to forgive, you will be destroyed. You can't hold grudges. I learned that all the rules I was to follow at my church were set many years ago and some hadn't caught up with the change of the times. Eventually some of the standards, thought process and demands, were set aside as "letters of the law."  I learned that DOCTRINE doesn't change anymore than the Ten Commnandments written in stone.

After these 40+ years as a Christian and still learning, I know the path, I can lead or point it to others.
I know without a shadow of a doubt where I will spend my eternety with God and Jesus as well as the many others who have gone on before me.

What I want any reader to know is: This isn't a path for the weak or strong willed. This is a path for those who see their need for help. Those who realize there are times we can't make all the decisions or have all the answers, and know there is someone who does.
If you need a friend, counselor, guide, healer, or just someone to talk to. He is right there beside you, waiting for you to ask. Thats all you have to do. Ask from the depths of your soul. He will be there.
He's been there for me.

© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815172-DAY-56---April-28-2014