*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815241-This-ones-about-that-meatless-thing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1939270
A third attempt at this blogging business.
#815241 added April 28, 2014 at 8:38pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about that meatless thing.
30DBC PROMPT: "Invalid Item

** Image ID #1988230 Unavailable **


Hey folks! Where is everybody? Haven't seen a soul in Andre's for a few days now. Must be this fly northeastern spring weather we've got goin' on, or somethin'. My windows are open, the breeze is subtle, and I even hobbled a few blocks to run take care of some errands (once I realized my napping wasn't happening).

I think that since there won't be a May "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, "Invalid Item should consider opening up a patio bar. That way we can have our imbibements, enjoy each others' company in the fresh air, and mock hipsters who only tend to come out this time year dressed like it's November. Or not...maybe I'm just oversensitive to the fact that I haven't worn pants in awhile.

BCF PROMPT: "It is Meatless Monday...what is your favorite vegetarian recipe? Does it hold any fond memories for you?"

At the risk of sounding ignorant, where did "Meatless Monday" come from? Never heard of it. Is it a Great Depression thing? Is it comparable to the "Gas Crisis" in the seventies, where the lines to fill up were super long and only certain cars on allocated days were allowed to get gas? I almost feel bad for not having to live life in a forced (or obligated, reader's choice) abstaination of meat, like I should know just that much more about suffering and not having things I want.

That makes me sound like a bad person. I love animals, I really do. I'll forgo the "yeah, for dinner" joke because that seems, ahem, tasteless. *rimshot*

Obviously, I do not have a vegetarian recipe, nor the fond memories that go along with what I assume having one should. Everything I like comes from animals...bacon, beef, eggs, cheese. Substituting them has proven to be less than ideal. Although I did have some ramen noodle soup for lunch, and it was "roast chicken flavored" with tiny little brown nuggets of something that weren't vegetable or mineral, and probably weren't chicken either. Oh, food technology...how you deceive me, and yet I still love you.

I wish I had a horse in this race something to add to this conversation, but I really don't. I've had to accept too many things in this life that I didn't want to, and subbing out meat for something else is just something I'm not ready to do yet. Sorry not sorry.

Because "best friends" should be synonymous with "forever".
I'll bet tofu never understood this kind of relationship.


MUSICAL BREAK!!

I thought about going with "Meat Is Murder" by The Smiths, but as much as I love Morrissey we're gonna have to agree to disagree. Besides, this kinda weather puts me in a beats-and-rhymes frame of mind.

Totally NSFW.
Unless you're a white girl with cornrows.



THE DAILY BOX SCORE:

2x: I ain't even mad about losing the first part of this entry to Internet Explorer issues...it's my fault more than anything. Here's the breakdown: I read "Note: For those folks still using MSIE, despite the nu..." after basically ignoring this article   about it. Then in the middle of originally composing this unsymphonic entry for the internet masses, while determining and fixing the stupid cow/pig picture I was gonna add to it, IE flatlined and revolted against everything I was doing under the premise that "Internet Explorer updated with a new Adobe Flash plug-in" or something that refreshed all my open tabs...which came right after I'd learned that there was a fix in the works  . Of course, after consulting people via Facebook and wondering aloud via the WDC Newsfeed, I'd made my decision to do the Google Chrome thing, but I just had to write a blog entry first that outlines how stupid I am, again so I could take on this change unencumbered and ready to accept it. So fingers crossed, I'll be joining the exodus from IE in the not-so-distant future. (I hope I didn't offend anyone by using a word like "exodus"...even though I have a disclaimer already at the head of this frickin' thing, nobody reads that stuff and everyone wants to express how butt-hurt they are by all the stupid little things they don't like 'cuz it's not like them.)

*Document* If you're not a subscriber to The Blogging Bliss, what are you waiting for? April's issue, "Invalid Item, has hit inboxes as of this morning and I recommend you get on that if you haven't already. And if you have seen it, you'll understand that we're looking to fill an editorial slot with our beloved Emily moving on to pursue, well, without a better way of saying it, life...again, with all due respect from this tiny space on the internet, thanks a ton Em. You will certainly be missed and cannot be merely "replaced". If anyone (or you) has ideas for upcoming Bliss features or wants to be a part of the team, get at Wordsmitty ✍️ or me, or drop a friendly hello in the "Blogging Bliss Newsletter Forum. We're always looking out for talented writers and interesting blogging-related items to pass along, so join in the conversation!

*Shield2* I don't have a vested interest in this, because honestly, everyone else is involved with it and that triggers my anxiety, but if you're a fan of the show or anyone involved in the activity, please do take a minute (or more) to check out "King's Landing updating . And if you don't, no need to worry; someone else will remind you.

Because I can.


That's about all the time I have for tonight...so much for it being nice out like it was when I started this entry. Time to close that window and see what else the world has in store for me this evening. Peace, sad and funny, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


If it looks that painful to eat/enjoy,
well, then that's where I can draw the line.

© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815241-This-ones-about-that-meatless-thing