*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815370-When-Will-the-Melting-Pot-include-Blacks
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#815370 added May 1, 2014 at 2:01am
Restrictions: None
When Will the Melting Pot include Blacks?
I have said and will continue to say, racism is alive and well in America; in, the boardrooms of corporations, in unions, in non-profits, in homes, and in every state in America.

It is more subtle in some places than others.  , Not everyone is a racist, but there are those who are  in the policy making business who are clever enough to throw the rocks of racism and HIDE THEIR HANDS. 

Every now and then one of them gets caught, and we make big news about it as if we are surprised and we allow them and the news media to distract us from the real issues in our society for a day or two, and then we  go on back to business as usual. 

Who's fooling whom?

Why are we so willing and eager to play this sick game? 

We the people can bring about REAL CHANGE.  Disband all of the basketball, football, and soccer teams.  Stop buying things mass produced by the billionaire  sponsors.  Support our local mom and pop businesses, people we know and care about us and each other.

RETURN TO SAVING for what we want.  It takes longer, but there is no interest, and we will appreciate it more.  Get rid of television, the internet for a few days each week. Rediscover our neighbors, our neighborhood, and our communities.  Actually allow our minds to float freely as we see the world as a good place and our contributions to making it even better. 

Bigotry and hatred should not have a place in our world as we become more enlightened, and more educated.  More and more people are going to church and more and more we are seeing and hearing about some of the most savage and tragic things occurring in America.

When we as a people say that enough is enough, an act in a manner that respects the rights, freedoms, and liberties of others, regardless of their status in life or the color of their skin, we will have created a Country that is worthy of the words in the U. S. Declaration of Independence!

The opening of the United States Declaration of Independence states as follows:  "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."

Those in power and those with the most resources will not be allowed to miss-use and/or abuse their power or resources.  They will no longer have the need to be derogatory for there will be no place or need for such behavior, and America will begin to practice what it preaches. 

When Will the Melting Pot include Blacks?  I pray that day will come for you and me during our life times.

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815370-When-Will-the-Melting-Pot-include-Blacks