*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815492-Word-Games
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#815492 added May 1, 2014 at 12:23pm
Restrictions: None
Word Games
I am playing word games, kind of like scrabble and boy can something stir up emotions. We both enjoy a game called Word Chums. I was way ahead and then he finds a word worth 160 points. Game over. *Confused*

How does a dad deal with his son being so much better than him? I guess in some respects I am not a very good sport after all. I remember playing checkers and needing to play until I win. So I hear I sit and wonder where it all ends. In my mind I think I ought to win after all...............At that point I wonder if I am just that dumb. I forget that there are always some people out there that I can compete with and others who I can not compete. This is the way it is in all games. There are levels. I may be better at areas which another player will struggle with. I just recently beat another player to the extent he does not want to play with any more in the same game my son is beating me at.*RollEyes*

I have to wonder why God sets things us this way. I feel kind of down. I look at all the place in which I struggle. Can I do anything right? It is the voice of so many persons that I take care of. I enjoy the work and yet I can get lost in the questions that I struggle with. God give me strength.*FacePalm*

The best I know to do is keep playing and determine to learn and enjoy the moment. For soon enough for what ever reason I may not be able to play at all. That is the way it is with my Buddy Brian, Alan (now dead) and others I befriend along the way. It is finding the place of hope and solace in whatever form it takes that I can find out what salvation means.
*BigSmile*

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815492-Word-Games