*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815661-Now--what-Lord
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#815661 added May 3, 2014 at 12:24am
Restrictions: None
Now what Lord
I made it through my tension packed interview session. It went very well. The question that hooks me is now what? I have caught a taste of what getting a pastoral position might feel like. At the same time the committee making the decision shows no clear ending point. There a number of hoops to jump through. At what point do I get tired of jumping through hoops. They offer an opportunity for me to preach at a neutral site. At some levels it seems kind of silly, since they have already been exposed to my sermonic style. Time will tell. I am only too cooly aware that the adventure is just beginning and I need to hang on tight for the ride of my life.

Other arenas of my life are a lot more assured. I love working with Melanie, a woman with a debilitating handicap. I was exposed to a benefit of working with her. I can work out while she does the same. I am also glad to indulge the adaptation of props to enable her using a variety of exercise machines. I feel competent by the time I have finished working with her. It gets better and better which share with me the extent to which healing can happen.

There is the on going merry go round of working with Jan. I can not imagine being a caregiver to the extent she has. Her husband gets A+ care as he deals with the rigors of having Alzheimers. I struggle with the issue of odors that get in the way of caring for the client. I know only that I need to hang in there. The victory is found in being faithful.

So what does it all mean? Darned if I know. I need to embrace the moment to a much greater extent. Let go and let God. A real good illustration of this is playing my son in a number of word games that he is forever winning. I am not a good loser. At times it seems like he is toying with me. Life goes on. The gift is in knowing that I have someone to play with. The result is finding God in joy in one single moment that reaches out to eternity.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815661-Now--what-Lord