*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815880-Grammar-perdition
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#815880 added May 5, 2014 at 2:34am
Restrictions: None
Grammar perdition
I am beginning my grammar adventure. I wonder if I would have been better off learning at another time. My biggest problem is right or wrong thinking. I am very vulnerable to feeling like an idiot, because I can not convince myself that I am here to learn not know. Here is the biography I posted. It did not look like others. I am still learning.
sharing of bio
by drifter (116)
I am drifting through life trying to decide what it means for me to be a writer. I would like to keep my pseudonym drifter. I hope that I will learn how to tighten my senses and express in a way that invites others to be a part of what I am writing. The most common criticism I get is that I write in a passive voice so I hope to unlock the key to this puzzle. I come by my grammar issues honestly. I have always have had issues with it. Teachers pretty much gave up on me in high school and I was tolerated in college and seminary. I was told often that I have a real nice flow, but..... My grandmother on my mother's side was my biggest critic. Thus I can honestly say I have a grandma (grammar) problem.

I grew up in Whitman, Massachusetts. I am the oldest of eight children. At the moment I feel light years away from this family. I moved to Kansas City in 1980 and my trips back East have been far and few in between, mostly due to the difference in distance between the two cities and lack of financial resources. My main adventure involved trying to establish roots in Kansas City. I came here with no friends, place to live or job. I learned to survive. I finished schooling in seminary at Central Baptist Seminary and have been in and out of churches since 1984. I currently am interviewing for a job in Wichita, Kansas.

I was married to my first wife in 1983 and have three beautiful children from that relationship. We were divorced in 2000 after nineteen years of marriage. My oldest son is a budget analyst, Tim is a music teacher and Julie is in the process of getting ready to study for her doctorate in chemisty at Iowa State University. She will graduate from Kansas University in the middle of May. I was remarried after a very painful divorce in 2009. Sharon and I live together with a dog and two cats.

Overall I am a very free flow type of person/writer. I am prone to just write as the spirit lead, which I think is more vice than virtue. With all this in mind I enter the grammar garden. I am unsure of what to expect. I fear most of all that people will think I am stupid in getting the grammar right, especially after all the education I have had. I have a passion to want to write and am entering into the current adventure to identify what it means for me to be an effective writer.
God bless, until we meet again. I pray for learning for all persons involved in the course.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815880-Grammar-perdition