*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815920-
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#815920 added May 5, 2014 at 2:08pm
Restrictions: None
What’s it all about, Alfie?
"What's it all about, Alfie?"

Three most important things concept made me think about this song and the movie. The question in that catchy tune is put simply, but its meaning is quite significant. I have never been in any situation like the ones in the movie Alfie, but I try to look at things from all sides, if and when I can.

First, in my tripping-on-my-own-toes fashion, I'll try to address those three things. Possibly, the word things can be taken in any context.

In the context of virtues, despite how poorly or well that I may accomplish them, the first three are:

1. Respect and agápe (love in a spiritual sense) for all life, especially human beings, including their accomplishments and ideas, and tolerance and acceptance of their quirks and differences.
Under this heading go moral turpitude and humility, as life is not all about me as neither it is about any one person, no matter how great his or her accomplishment is. One needs to demonstrate a certain humility in the face of trust and words said and actions performed in innocence, and especially, try not to be offended or take an offensive position unnecessarily.

2. Diligence and work ethic with whatever I do, although at times, I overdo things.
Rarely things in life come easily, and most of us have to work very hard for them.
Still, working hard is simply a part of doing anything worthwhile, and the more that work is for other people, the better.

3. Learning, which has no end. Learning does not only mean schooling and filling my head with lots of information. It also means learning from experiences and introspection and reflection about everything and everyone.

In the context of intangible things I can't do without are my health, all arts, and nature.

In the context of concrete things are my house, my computer and books, and food.

We all move through life in different ways. Some of us do as little as possible while others live at full speed, but what we all have in common is spending our time and actions on something or other. In that, we need to avoid others' unreasonable expectations to influence us. If I am to put in words not only three things but everything I can't go without, my motto has to be:
"Living a good life for me is interacting with all life in a way that gives me meaning and positivity in all I do, without causing harm."


----------------------

Prompt: Three things you can't go without..

© Copyright 2014 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815920-