*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816078-Half-Full-or-half-empty-that-is-the-question
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#816078 added May 7, 2014 at 10:27am
Restrictions: None
Half Full or half empty that is the question
DAY 64 - MAY 6, 2014: Do you consider your glass half-full or half-empty?

Got home yesterday and had to so a lot of catching up. Today back to work and answering emails, calling and then I didn't feel great this afternoon. About 1:30 started feeling low and like I needed a large dose of IRON. Maybe I'm low and need to take some more.
Back to the question. This always catches me off guard and I have to think about what its asking. What does half full or half-empty really mean. The glass has only half the amount of water it can hold. So does it mean it was filled to the top and someone drank out of it? Thus now the glass is half empty? Is that the bad part?
Someone has used up their life, their joy, their ?? Now they are looking at the rest of their allotted time with sadness?
What if you turned on the water to fill your glass and it suddenly ran dry about half way to the top. Is that half full? Does it mean you have a lot of life left to fill? That you can look at making that glass more full by adding to it? Could it be that your joy is as full as it gets at that moment?

You can tell I'm a little confused at the whole thing. I think the basic understanding is if you see the glass as half full you are looking at the positive side of life. If you see your glass as half empty you look at the negative side of life. 
My water cup is here on the desk beside me. I've had a few more sips out of it and just drank the last of it. All I need to do to fill it, is get up and walk to the cooler and fill it with cold water. Is my glass half empty or full?  I have no idea.
I guess it just means if I want more water I'd better get my butt off the chair and go get it. 


This last week I went to Visalia, Ca to attend a Gospel quartet convention. What fun I had. There were four of us. Let em give you a little peek at the diversity of this group. First of all is Dixie, and she is in her late 60's and in a relationship that isn't working. She may will be mentally in the 70's but we won't go there. Next is her niece who is a few years younger than my 61(soon to be 62). Laurie is my third cousin. Last in our little group is a woman who grew up in the Midwest when I lived thee. We were 4 hours apart and would visit a few times a year at church functions. Ellen's first child died of leukemia at the age of about 2. It was pretty traumatic for them but for us who were close to them after she married and moved to the Twin Cities, MN, where I lived.
here we were laughing, sharing stories, sleeping and singing our way the 15 hours to So. CA. and back. Did I say we had fun? Too much fun and I can't wait to go back.

© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816078-Half-Full-or-half-empty-that-is-the-question