*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816243-My-Busy-Summer
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#816243 added May 9, 2014 at 6:48pm
Restrictions: None
My Busy Summer
Prompt: What are your plans for the summer?


My spring/summer is a rush to fall.  I just got back from a road trip to Visalia, CA (and Woodlake, Ca) to attend a So. Gospel Quartet Festival. What fun to meet the groups and buy some great cd's from the new groups I'd never heard before. I certainly plan on attending next year.

Our church was gifted the funds to remodel our campgrounds restaurant. It's now The Lodge. The whole logistics of what we used to do is changed.
I have been in charge of the Memorial Day Picnic. My job is to arrange the dining and collect all the "potluck" food to feed 500 people. What a challenge it will be this year with everything new and the whole layout changed.

At the end of June we start our campmeeting.  In the past years we were able to serve 64,000 meals in the 14 days of our campmeeting. Then minus the Saturday and Mondays we only served breakfast and dinner. With the changes it will be interesting to see how this pans out. We'll have some trial runs in June and I'm sure I'll be there to see how it works.

During the 14 days I and my husband get up at 5 (our usual time) and are at the The Lodge by 6:00 to start the breakfast. Since this year things will be changed, I'm not sure how it will work. We always make sausage gravy from scratch. (It starts with whole milk and heavy cream and don't forget the roux (butter and flour). After breakfast is over I go to work. I sometimes bring left overs to work so the guys love the hash browns with the gravy poured over them. Pancakes and any bacon or sausage.

I work to 5:00 run home change and get to church for Choir quickie practice. When I run out of energy I don't sing. I just go from work to the restaurant and wait for PW to get done serving and then sit at the back of the Tab.

In August I hope to be at the Willamette Valley Writers Conference. If my MS isn't taken by either of the two publishers I've submitted to, I will pitch it there. Then at the end of August I'll fly to MN to visit my daughter and the MN State Fair (sing it. Our state fair is the best state fair, its the best state fair in our state.

I get to relax for a little while then we start the Christmas on the Campgrounds. Planning and laying out the lights, Millions of them. See the attached pictures. I'm in charge of planning and organizing all you see. I have volunteers, but most is done by me and the main guy who will be working on it full time. (I think).  If you click on the link to the panorama view my three big trees are on the right side of the picture. It will be different this year. Lots of synchronized lights that were a no-no a few years ago when we suggested them...Hmmm? now we are going for it. Yea!!
There that takes us through fall. 


 ~
 ~

© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816243-My-Busy-Summer