*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816551-An-Encouraging-Word-to-Youth
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Spiritual · #1990926
My spiritual forum posts listed in chronological order. Be blessed...
#816551 added May 11, 2014 at 9:50pm
Restrictions: None
An Encouraging Word to Youth
Jessica,

I suggest you talk about 1 Corinthians 12 in detail, take these verses for instance:

(NASB)
15 If the foot says, "Because I am not a hand, I am not a part of the body," it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body.
16 And if the ear says, "Because I am not an eye, I am not a part of the body," it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body.
17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the sense of smell be?
18 But now God has placed the members, each one of them, in the body, just as He desired.
19 If they were all one member, where would the body be?
20 But now there are many members, but one body.
21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; or again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you."
22 On the contrary, it is much truer that the members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary;
23 and those members of the body which we deem less honorable, on these we bestow more abundant honor, and our less presentable members become much more presentable,
24 whereas our more presentable members have no need of it. But God has so composed the body, giving more abundant honor to that member which lacked,
25 so that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another.
26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.
27 Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it.

If young Christian people your age have any understanding of what it truly means to be a member of the body of Christ, then it's plain to see from these verses (although the original context deals more with spiritual gifts) that ANYONE in the body of Christ is valuable, and that it would be a loss to all of us as believers if even just one of us had a problem with self-esteem to where (s)he feels unimportant.  God's Word says ALL OF YOU are important to Him.  And also, I suggest emphasizing the greatest commandment Jesus gave us: "Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength, and love your neighbor AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF."  That's an order, not an option.  Just as Jesus said, "If you love Me, you will obey My commandments."

Hope this helps you out.

Blessings,
Shaun

Deep down, this is who I am: the sheriff in High Noon
** Image ID #1661026 Unavailable **

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that  which is good, and acceptable, and perfect." -Romans 12:2

This is my webpage:
http://Writing.Com/authors/pinoy_celt
Check it out sometime and may God bless you!

© Copyright 2014 Stallion (UN: pinoy_celt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Stallion has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816551-An-Encouraging-Word-to-Youth