*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817050-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#817050 added May 16, 2014 at 9:16pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
Getting in here a little earlier again tonight, which is kind of a surprise since Friday is my long day at work, and I usually end up pretty late. I started work at five and finished at five, twelve hours later. It wasn't a real busy day, but it was a bit of a screwed up day. It started fine, I was up on time and had actually slept quite well.

I woke once for sure, maybe twice, but I don't remember. I know I slept hard and deep, something I seldom do anymore, unless I'm exhausted. The only thing that would have been better would have been a few more hours of sleep. It was kind of late by the time I got to bed, but that's kind of how it has been going. Despite only sleeping for about four hours, I woke to the alarm, and then snoozed for a little bit, snuggled to Rhonda until the second alarm went off.

I had my morning cup of coffee and got ready for work, but by the time I got going it was a bit late heading out the door. I clocked in at four fifty nine, but should have been there about ten minutes to the hour. Not that it was a problem, it's just better to be a little early. I opened and had a truck waiting, but everything else was fine. I didn't have much for guests until about nine thirty, but there was quite a bit of freight coming in. Then, it got busier and I was more than ready for eleven when Rhonda would show up.

Instead, at ten thirty, she called and sent me a message. She was running late. Then, I had another message to call her, so I took a short break to do that, and found the van wasn't starting. We had worked on it yesterday and changed out a part, now it won't start. So, she called my brother to see if he would give her a ride, and she made it in about two and a half hours late. She did get another guard to fill in for her until she got there, but he had to take off right away, as soon as Rhonda showed up.

It was enough time to find out that he has another job and won't be able to work his regular shift after the end of the month. Starting in June, he only wants to work weekends. This kind of messed up the entire schedule, since it puts a lot more hours on the rest of us, and Rhonda and I won't be able to take time off together until we hire a replacement. We will work on some scheduling ideas tomorrow and try and get it all sorted out now.

Yard traffic had been pretty steady up till noon, but once the other guard showed up, it was kind of slow. This made the day drag on and drag slow, too.Even so, there were times when it was busy and kind of hectic, so it was good that I stayed on. But, it was slow enough to make the afternoon go by too damn slow, and it made for a long day. Especially since I'm so tuckered out today.

It was just that kind of day, and hopefully I don't have another one like this for a long time. But, a person just never knows if they are going to have one of them days, or a good day, until it comes. Even then, a person really don't know until the day's coming to an end and it's certain how the day has passed.

I do hope that I can get another person hired real soon, and that they will be happy with working only part time hours. It may turn into more hours in time, but for now, it's just three short days. Of course that could change as soon as we have a schedule worked out. Like the van, that project will have to wait until another day when I'm not so dang tired. Right now  I'm beat, and it's getting hard to keep my eyes open. Even tougher trying to focus and write anything, since I keep losing my train of thought.

Buy I have this entry just about done, and once I hit the magic nuber, I can shut things down and get my self off to bed. But first we have to take the dogs out, then have a little ice cream, and then bed.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817050-Friday