*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817090-More-Adventures
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#817090 added May 24, 2014 at 3:14am
Restrictions: None
More Adventures
Another week passed in a blur, but it’s had its moments. Enjoyed the sister visit which included a boat trip. The boat broke down and the heavens opened, but we had a great meal and good company. We also found two geocaches in Nottingham city which has added to my total and caused a few laughs. Now we wait for the arrival of her second grandchild later this month.

Four weeks into the writing course and I now have mixed feelings. Some have deserted the group and of the ones left there are to be honest a couple of irritating members. Mr Hesitant has proven to be a bit creepy and extremely verbose, but it gives us an opportunity to visit the loo and make coffee while he pontificates. I’m not sure I’m learning anything new or gaining much inspiration, but am enjoying the company of some members and hearing some interesting views.

In answer to the question of nicknames, you’ll be relieved to know it’s not a habit I apply to WDC members. It’s only possible when I can see and hear the people concerned, so rest assured all friends here are affectionally known by their WDC handles. I admit I have a little difficulty with Facebook identities and real names, but it’s no big deal.

In other news hubby has now received news his operation will be on June 3rd, so there’s still quite a wait, but hopefully it will improve his condition eventually. I won’t think about the six weeks on crutches and no driving following the operation, otherwise I might be tempted to slit my wrists.

Mey Ling has failed her driving test for the third time and it’s hard work convincing her she’s not a complete failure with no intelligence. It’s difficult enough for able bodied people to get through, never mind the two hour gruelling test she has to take for the disabled. We try to encourage her to keep trying as we’re sure she’ll get there in the end. She’s going through one of her ‘I hate England and want to live in Cambodia’ phases, which only adds to the pressure and daily stress.

But next week they’re going away for a break by the sea, so maybe that will kill or cure. The weather forecast doesn’t look great, but we’ve given them enough funds to entertain the kids I hope. We’ll be cat and fish sitting as a reward. *Rolleyes*

And I'm on a strict diet...again.

© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817090-More-Adventures