*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817118-About-Showing-the-Love-of-Christ-To-Your-Family
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Spiritual · #1990926
My spiritual forum posts listed in chronological order. Be blessed...
#817118 added May 17, 2014 at 9:21pm
Restrictions: None
About Showing the Love of Christ To Your Family
"I was wondering if any of you in this past or still live in a household that may have alot of worldly influence.  My parents are conservative in political belief and in some religious believes but the house still happens to have the music and attitudes that I feel like running away from. It frustrates me from time to time.  I am a moderate in both religious and political matters but wish to have music free from sexual content and language and feel that God has called us to clean lives."


Speaking from personal experience, I've lived as a Christian for the vast majority of that time at home to parents who are, although moral, religious and well-meaning, do not have the LORD in their hearts---yet, and are in some ways similar to your general description of your home.  I believe you ought to view this not as frustrating (although it's understandable since I first felt that way after Jesus came into my heart), but as a constant opportunity to point your family toward the love and truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It's easy to feel like avoiding your family given the ungodly influences in your household, but how can you witness for Christ in the world without witnessing to your family first?  And even if you did witness to the world for Christ successfully, but avoided sharing the Gospel through your actions and words simply by living with them in everyday life, and they die without at least being pointed to the LORD, much less experiencing true salvation, then how can you live with that?  But by the same token, if you can show your unsaved family the light of Christ at home living with them where you're at, then you can show anyone the light of Christ anywhere you go.  It's like the old saying, "Charity begins at home."  And what greater charity is there from heaven above than knowing the LORD's right arm of salvation manifested through the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus through faith and repentance.  Now I'm not saying it'll easy by any means.  I wake up every day knowing what and who I face.  But I believe that through maturing in your faith, you will come to realize that loving your family where they're at, but at the same time presenting them the uncompromised living Truth of the LORD by how you live your life in front of them will not only be a witness to them, but a far greater testimony than moving away to Africa, and although witnessing to thousand of souls, to lose your chance to share Jesus with your family, and risk having their unsaved blood on your hands should they perish in that condition.  I recommend you read Ezekiel 33 about the watchman, then pray to the LORD for courage in not only facing your family, but also to love them in truth despite their sin.

I challenge you in Christ, and stand with you in spirit.

Blessings,
Shaun

Deep down, this is who I am: the sheriff in High Noon
** Image ID #1661026 Unavailable **

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that  which is good, and acceptable, and perfect." -Romans 12:2

This is my webpage:
http://Writing.Com/authors/pinoy_celt
Check it out sometime and may God bless you!

© Copyright 2014 Stallion (UN: pinoy_celt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Stallion has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817118-About-Showing-the-Love-of-Christ-To-Your-Family