*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817239-If-I-Wanted-an-Audience
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#817239 added May 22, 2014 at 8:56pm
Restrictions: None
If I Wanted an Audience
Today Linda and I put the canopy up that covers the deck. Last summer I worked out underneath it on my model airplanes. Then I mowed grass and took a check over to Ronnie who mows the rural cemetery my relatives are buried in. With the chores finished I worked on the wing I reported in yesterday's blog. I cut out the ribs and glued them in place. Roger, who crashed the airplane, called and said he would bring the nose section when we have our weekly breakfast in Wisconsin Rapids.

In early evening, while it was still light I, flew one of my Park Flyer Electric RC Airplanes. I did pretty good until it came time to land. I clipped the apple tree and will have to do a little repair work on the wing. Fortunately I am becoming an expert on wing repairs and it shouldn't take long. Wouldn't you know it but no sooner did I "prang in" when my friend Mark drove into the yard with his sister, or maybe its his girlfriend. He noted the damage and the first words out of his mouth were....

"Hey Bob, didn't they teach you how to fly at that $1000 school you attended?"

Mark is not someone you'd want doing a review at WDC.

"If I wanted an audience I'd go crash at the flying field," I muttered in disgust.


© Copyright 2014 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817239-If-I-Wanted-an-Audience