*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817473-Civil-War-Soldiers-A-Big-Thank-You
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#817473 added May 21, 2014 at 7:38am
Restrictions: None
Civil War Soldiers, A Big Thank You
Prompt: Write a letter to someone who died in a war between the Civil War and Viet Nam.

Instead of writing a letter, I want to say thank you to two ancestors of mine who fought in the Civil War and came back alive. You were so brave and you fought for the North and you made a difference., At least the United States never fought another war among themselves. When I see the old grave stones from the Civil War in the cemetery near by, I touch them and I think how brave they were. They fought and died for the cause. I would love to have met them. I think of "Gone With The Wind" and "North and the South" and gives me an idea of what the Civil War was like. I like the uniforms both sides wore. I have lived in the south and saw some southern mansions that survived. I think I could have been a southern belle . The Civil War wasn't very civil but it happened and you have to respect both sides. The Civil War and Viet Nam Wars hold a special place in my heart. My Dad fought in Viet Nam and it changed him and we aren't close but I respect him like I do all soldiers. I salute you. Thanks for making America a free country and keeping us safe, You are the true heroes.

** Image ID #1901871 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817473-Civil-War-Soldiers-A-Big-Thank-You