*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817596-First-in-the-Order-of-the-Buss
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#817596 added May 22, 2014 at 10:36am
Restrictions: None
First in the Order of the Buss

Prompt: What is your birth order? (eldest, middle, youngest or only child) What impact if any do you think it has had on your life?

I'm the eldest of my siblings. Its funny this should be the prompt today as its my Birthday. I'm not the typical first born. Growing up I did have the job of taking care of my younger sisters. I babysat for them and others. Being mature for the time, but still sheltered, I was trusted to care for others. I did not have the Nursing gene as did my much younger (#5) sister.
I left the home at age 19 and was married at 20 and had my daughter a year later.
I understand, typically the first born is the take charge person. I'm not. I'll hang back until I'm asked and then delegate. I'm not self-confident in most scenarios. I'm not organized, I'm a fly by the seat of my pants.
When I married I lived apart from my family. My #2 sister really took the roll of #1. My sister wrote me letters about their lives and I gave my sage advice. #4 & #5 sisters came to live with me for a while  before going off on their own. Other than a yearly visit I didn't interact with them except phone calls/letters then emails when that became available. Now that I'm living in the same city with #2, #5 and the "Baby boy" (now 44). I have been included in all the family meetings. 
Just Tuesday night we siblings had a meeting about Mom's living situation. Its been resolved but we had a great time hashing and filling in the younger ones more about our live with Mom growing up. I don't have the Roll of the Eldest. #2 is in charge of her finances. #5 her health care and "Baby Boy" has moved in with her to help her.  I appreciate my siblings. They each know their roll, I put in my two cents and all is well. Our unique dynamics gives us room to express our views. We don't always agree but chose to make that the exception.
I googled this: As the leader of the pack, firstborns often tend to be:

    Reliable
    Conscientious
    Structured
    Cautious
    Controlling
    Achievers

Firstborns bask in their parents' presence, which may explain why they sometimes act like mini-adults. Firstborns are diligent and want to be the best at everything they do. They excel at winning the hearts of their elders.
  Believe me of that list Reliable and Cautious are the only adjetives that describe me. Even reliable is suspect in some situations.

© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817596-First-in-the-Order-of-the-Buss