*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817829-About-Sharing-the-Love-of-Christ-to-Others
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Spiritual · #1990926
My spiritual forum posts listed in chronological order. Be blessed...
#817829 added May 25, 2014 at 1:29pm
Restrictions: None
About Sharing the Love of Christ to Others
I definitely agree as far as how sometimes ministering and/or witnessing to non-believers is done out of a religious and self-righteous spirit, or simply as part of some "program" or worse, a "business."  In a lot of those situations, I also think that happens because a lot of believers either don't know how or don't care to communicate with non-believers by CONNECTING with them first.  For those that don't know how, most times I think those are new or immature Christians who just need to keep it simple and share how the LORD worked in their lives to bring them where they're at now, and not get worried if a non-believer rejects that or asks a question that particular believer can't answer on the spot.  There's no shame in saying "I don't know, but I can find out."

As for those believers who don't care to learn how to connect with a non-believer, then I wonder where they're at in their walk with God, or even if they're really walking with God as opposed to walking in pride.  It actually takes a little EFFORT to get to know someone beyond a certain point before you can hit it off so to speak, something that I'm not sure some of us believers consider or care to think about.  After that happens, after gaining someone's trust, THEN you can share the Gospel with them.  Of course, this is not to discount certain situations when truly the Holy Spirit is moving in a way toward a non-believer that a believer may not understand, at least at the time, to where all a believer can really say humbly and boldly is, "I truly believe the LORD is wanting me to tell/show you something."  However, even then such situations oughta be because the believer is acting out in true obedience and faith to the WORD the way it's meant to be applied: in agape love.

Blessings,
Shaun

Deep down, this is who I am: the sheriff in High Noon
** Image ID #1661026 Unavailable **

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that  which is good, and acceptable, and perfect." -Romans 12:2

This is my webpage:
http://Writing.Com/authors/pinoy_celt
Check it out sometime and may God bless you!

© Copyright 2014 Stallion (UN: pinoy_celt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Stallion has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817829-About-Sharing-the-Love-of-Christ-to-Others