*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818352-Remembering-My-Mother-in-2014
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#818352 added June 1, 2014 at 6:46am
Restrictions: None
Remembering My Mother in 2014
Thank you Lord for waking me up on this day, the day my Mother, Florence H. B. Williams was born.  Had you seen fit to allow her to be living today, she would be ninety-seven (97) years young!  But Lord, you had better plans for her, and a different life for me.  You called her home, and made me a more God fearing person.  Instead of turning into my Mother for prayer, and depending on her to be in touch with you, you forced me to fine you for myself in a more close and personal way.

For years after her death, this day made me sad, and I often blinked it out and would mentally not remember it for days until after it was over.  Today, I woke up with it on my mind, and I thank you.  Today, I remember her love, her smile, her touch, her smell, and oh yes, her relationship with you, my guide to your grace and mercy.

As I start off my day today, I wanted to say to you, and share with others, my testimony of your love for my deceased Mother, my deceased brother, my deceased grandchildren, but more importantly, your love for me and all of my living children, grandchildren, great-grands, and every extended member of this great family that you have given me.  I have walked through the valley of the shadow of death, and today, I fear no evil.  For I know that thou art with me always, and them always.

As I enter this day, I enter it with thanksgiving and praise, and throughout this day, oh, Lord, I will make a joyful noise unto you.  I will sing songs of praise as I tell others who will listen about your goodness and mercy.  Since this day was the beginning of my life, the birth day of Ms. Florence H. B. Williams, I hereby renew my covenant with you.  I believe in one God, one baptism, one Holy Ghost, and one Savior.  I ask you to guide me, lead me, be in me and with me throughout the rest of my life, and may I serve you faithfully always.

Happy Birthday to you Mother.  I miss you, but not like before.  Today, you bring me joy.  The joy of having been raised by you; of having learned your ways; of accepting your God as my God.  I am thankful you taught me to be the person I have become with an open heart and mind with a desire to keep learning and becoming the best person that I can be.

May I have the strength and will to pass this legacy of yours on down to my children, their children, and their children's children!  All honor and praise to God who gave me to you to nurture and raise sixty-seven plus years ago!

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818352-Remembering-My-Mother-in-2014