*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818737-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#818737 added June 4, 2014 at 10:40pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
Time to write me some words here in 750 Words, and get my journal entry finished, so I can go to bed. It's getting late, but I get to sleep in some tomorrow. I was suppose to have the day off, but I have to go in and do some paperwork and send a fax. Then, it's back home and enjoy the day.

The person I re-hired starts training tomorrow, and and tests of Friday. I worked out a schedule to finish this two week period, and then we will go into a new schedule that should work pretty well. I have the new person working all mornings, and I have the other person who has been having some problems working straight afternoons. I think that may help out some, and hopefully everyone will be happy.

It also gives Rhonda and I both a three day break in the middle of the week, together. Yep, three days off, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. And, not only is it three days off, it's three days off together. Of course, it will depend on how things are going, and if anyone is missing work, but it looks pretty good on paper. Now, it's just a matter of getting the one person trained in and tested, then we can start working her. Since she was already trained and worked last summer, she should do fine and pick up everything pretty fast.

But, that's enough of that for now. I should be writing about my day and how it transpired. I worked mornings, which I normally do. That means I was up at three thirty this morning and working by five. But, I was done at ten thirty again, and home shortly after eleven. One of the other guards is taking some time off this weekend, and he picked up a little of my time so I can pick up some of his.

After I got home, I did some paperwork, sent a fax, and emailed my boss. Then I set about editing the current schedule for next week, pending the rehire passing her test, which I'm sure she will. Once that was done, I got on the mower and got the grass cut. Rhonda also helped get the lawn mowed down, and together we have it done for another week. I couldn't mow all of it, there is standing water in the ditches. It rained a lot and we have some mild flooding in the lowest areas of the yard.

This in itself isn't really too strange, we get water in the ditches quite often when it rains hard. What makes it strange is the smell. It has a very rank odor to it this year, that it never had in years past. I can't begin to describe the reek that is coming form the standing water, but it is disgustingly vile. The closest I can think off, that smelled anything like this, was the elevator across the street from us.

They have a pit under the main building that the grain feeds into. It must be a pretty good size pit, and pretty deep, or so it seems. With it being so wet, they are having the same troubles most everyone else  has been having, water seepage coming in. They have a sump hose run out to get rid of excess water, but it must have not done all that they planned. Last year they cut a hole in the side of the foundation and installed an auger to bring the materials from the pit out by the train tracks. Once they had it installed, they augured a bunch of wet, stinky, and nasty looking grain out of the pit.

I suppose it got wet and rotted in there, and installing the auger was the best way to get the nasty stuff out of the pit. It had the most nasty, vile, reek to it, and its similar to what the ditches smell like. Not the same, but similar. I could understand this if someone had dumped a bunch of this rotten grain in the ditch, but they did not. I know because we walk the dogs in that area all the time, and there was nothing there before. It also did not smell like this the last time it rained and partially flooded. No, I can offer no explanation as to why the ditch smells like this. I just know it reeks. Hopefully now that the grass is cut, it will dry out more.

So, after mowing, I had some of the nasty smell about me, from mowing in there, as best I could. That meant I needed to take a shower, and when I finished that, it was time to eat dinner. Then we watched a bit of Netflix and now I'm finishing this. Next on the list of things to do, is to get to bed.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818737-Wednesday