*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819426-Hang-on-for-the-ride
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#819426 added June 12, 2014 at 12:18am
Restrictions: None
Hang on for the ride
Out to lunch is probably a good title for this entry. I have been out to lunch for three days and it is very difficult to get back to focus. Part of my issue revolves around getting ready for a sermon in about ten days. I wrestle with what my sermon will mean for my life. Today was one of life review. I recalled an encounter with a great Uncle from Michigan. I called him at a time when I was ready to give up on ministry and on life. He told me to hang on for the ride. That has been the mantra for getting through the day. I have sought diversion in humor and in escapes, like playing word games. It all comes back to that pivotal moment. I am more convicted than ever that this experience is one to learn from. I hate to go into an experience feeling negative. The issues that the church raises about my passion for youth and the ability to access Ruby Avenue, along with questions of how my wife and I are a team are the questions that will go with us wherever we go. The only thing I know is to be the presence of Jesus wherever I go, whatever that might mean.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819426-Hang-on-for-the-ride