*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/820312-Obnoxious-Pet-Peeves
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1995466
My blog written for Welcome To My Reality.
#820312 added June 20, 2014 at 11:09am
Restrictions: None
Obnoxious Pet Peeves
Week 26, Prompt 1 - "Welcome To My Reality Forum - "What's your pet peeve? What thing really annoys you but doesn't annoy most other people?"

One of my greatest pet peeves is the sound of someone chewing something crunchy. It may sound ridiculous or futile, but I’d rather hear nails on a chalkboard than hear someone eating and crunching. My uncle Ben is the same way, but even worse. He can’t stand to eat with my grandpa because my grandpa is so loud when he eats. Now I’m not that bad; I only can’t stand the sound of someone eating when I’m not eating as well. If I’m sitting on the couch and someone comes in to have a meal (and I’ve already eaten) and they’re eating chips or croutons or eating cereal, anything like that, it drives me nuts. When I lived with my uncle Ben a while ago, he was watching TV one night and I went into the kitchen and made a bowl of cereal. Well he didn’t tell me then, but apparently the crunching sound of my cereal made his skin crawl and he complained to my mom!

Another pet peeve of mine is when I’m watching TV and my mom decides to file her fingernails. She’s watching TV with me, but the sound of her filing her nails is just awful. I can’t say anything to her without seeming rude and she wouldn’t stop anyways, so that’s a moot point. Sometimes I’ll be eating and she’ll file her nails and I think that’s just gross. Whenever I file my own nails, I’m always in the privacy of my own room and it’s only after I’ve clipped them so that my nails don’t snag on my clothes.

Yeah, eating crunchy food and filing one’s nails definitely set my teeth on edge.

© Copyright 2014 April Desiree-I'm back! (UN: aprildesiree at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
April Desiree-I'm back! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/820312-Obnoxious-Pet-Peeves