*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/820734-Weather-Witch
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#820734 added June 24, 2014 at 12:19pm
Restrictions: None
Weather Witch
We've enjoyed a short spell of very pleasant, dry, warm weather recently which has been very welcome and much appreciated. Sadly I've not had a great deal of time to laze about in it as shopping, cooking, laundry, garden and housework have been my full responsibility with hubby being confined to the house and crutches. He is hopefully making good progress however.

Tomorrow morning I'll be travelling to London with my sister for a four day break. Back in March I was fortunate enough to secure some tickets for the Wimbledon tennis championships on the first Friday, so as sis and I were planning on having a short break together somewhere, we decided to make it London. I didn't know at the time that hubby would be recovering from an operation, but hopefully he'll be fine. All his shopping is done, his meals organised, washing is up to date and he can clack about quite easily now. Friends and family are on standby, but he's insistent he'll manage.

We hope to get to a show and enjoy some meals out as well as doing a bit of geocaching if time and opportunity permits. We'll be at the tennis on Friday and we planned on queuing for tickets on the Saturday too. We have been eagerly watching the weather forecast. Two days into the tournament there's been no significant rain and there is none forecast until...Friday and Saturday. The weather witch is alive and well. I keep telling the world I am NOT going to Wimbledon in the hope of fooling the weather gods, but the forecast is still the same every time I look. I can't remember the last time I went to Wimbledon when it didn't rain.

But of course, I am NOT going to Wimbledon this year. *Wink*


© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/820734-Weather-Witch