*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/820862-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#820862 added June 26, 2014 at 12:29am
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
It done went and got real late on me tonight, and I'm just getting in here to write my journal entry now, at eleven at night. By WDC time, it is now after midnight, so once again the date will be wrong on my entry, but technically I was in here, 750 words writing my entry at eleven o'clock.

Today was another busy day, and I'm about shot. We got up a bit earlier, had coffee and relaxed for a bit, then had a nice breakfast and did a Bible study. This took us up to just past noon. We started setting things up to get busy outside and by one this afternoon, we started ripping the patio up. It was a pretty big job, moving a lot of patio black and retaining wall block, but we had it done by mid afternoon. Since it was still early, we started leveling out the area, and got a good start on putting the new and improved patio back down. Hopefully we will have it done tomorrow and get a good start on putting the retaining wall back up.

It is suppose to be a retaining wall, that's the kind of block it is. But, we are actually using it to build a wall on the outside of the patio. We got the materials for free, so we are using them instead of purchasing the correct type of block. We did buy some more block, to make the patio bigger, and we also bought some edgers to work into the patio and add a nice pattern while also making the patio larger. We have it almost half done tonight, and it's enough to see that it is going to be nice. But, working on it all day used up all our time, so I did not get a chance to do anything on the computer today. Well, not until now.

Tomorrow may be another long day, since we have a lot to do yet. We have to put down the rest of the patio blocks and edgers, put the wall back up, and then work on doing the brick work around the fire ring. We have a bunch of used brick we cleaned up, so we plan on building up kind of a fire place, but with a fire ring in it's center, and open on one side. There is not any type of top to it, being fully open, and there won't be anything even close to a chimney. Just brick on two, maybe three sides. Once we get that done, we have to dig out a bigger area for the pond. We tore the old one out and threw the linger away. Instead of buying a new liner and doing it over, we had a different idea.

We will dig out the area and use a swimming pool for the pond. It will be six foot across, and about three feet deep. The plan is to set it down into the ground a ways, but no fully. Maybe half submerged and half above ground. Hopefully the swimming pool will stand u a little better than the pond liner did.

So, we have a lot left to do, but only one day left to do it all. So, I suspect we will not get the whole thing done before it gets too late tomorrow. But, we should be able to get the patio done, put the wall back up, and maybe even get a start on the brick work or the pond. As it sits right now, we have just enough room to go out in the morning and have our coffee. We will be using just one corner, but it's enough to set the table and two chairs up, and if the weather permits, we will enjoy a cup or two of coffee on our partially done patio. Next week, if all things work right, we should be able to get the rest done, and maybe even get the pond set up and put the fountain back in.

For tonight, it is just a bit of time to relax, maybe eat a sandwich or something, then off to bed. I'm tired from working, sore from the lifting and handling the block, and relaxed from being outside most of the day. I have a feeling I may not be moving very fast come morning, so the plan is to get up a bit early and take a little time to relax with coffee and stretch out these tired, and over worked muscles. Then, a light lunch and finish up what we can before going back to work on Friday.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/820862-Wednesday