*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/821156-Gravity
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#821156 added June 29, 2014 at 2:45pm
Restrictions: None
Gravity
         I know we all think gravity is essential to us. However, I want to let you know that if you are over 40, gravity is not your friend. And the older you get, the less friendly gravity gets. If you doubt me, just look in your mirror.

         Those eyelids that used to be so perfect are drooping just a little, aren't they? And when you get near 50, it looks like your face is starting to slide down off your head. There's "stuff" under your chin that didn't use to be there (that's Southern talk, friends, for that wasn't there once), Your ears are slightly longer, so I'm told, especially if you wear heavy earrings. And a lot of other things are closer to the ground.

         For women, your chest hangs lower, and eventually slides around to the side a little. I'm told men have a similar problem with other areas, but I've never done a personal survey. I'll take their word for it. Even knees seem to have an overhang. Then there are wrinkles around the ankles.

         Both men and women tend to get a little shorter, even without osteoporosis. The vertebrae just sort of settle, Hair falls to the floor for both sexes, as what remains on our heads grows thinner. And it must be gravity that grows more hair in the ears and nose as less grows on the head, more so in men. And hair grows on male backs and arms now that it has slowed or stopped growing on top the head.

         If you still doubt me, hold a regular mirror out in front of you about waist high. Now lean over and look. You'll see for yourself why you should never be on top in the daylight. So turn off the lights. If you're both over 40, and it's daylight, just close your eyes or wait until later.

© Copyright 2014 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/821156-Gravity