*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/821784-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#821784 added July 5, 2014 at 10:46pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
Saturday is about done, and what a day. For the people who had the day off, it would have been a great day for a lot of things. It was hot, humid, and just enough wind to keep it comfortable. For me, it was work as usually. I opened and for most of the morning it was pretty quiet. I was hoping it would stay that way, and maybe I could slip out a bit early. But by ten it was getting pretty busy, and by noon it was almost nonstop.

Not only was it busy, but it seemed like the cooks where out as well. There were plenty of normal shoppers coming through the yard; working on outdoor projects. Some were just finishing up and needed a few items, and some where doing repairs, and also needed just a few items. There were some who had pretty good sized loads, and must have just been getting started on some project or another.

But, there were also some goofy people coming through. I'm talking about people who pull up and make you stand there because they are on the phone. Of course, I don't stand there very long, before going back inside and letting them wait. But today the person whispered to me, like it was a big secret that he was at Menards to buy a couple of treated 2x4's.  Then, there was the woman who took off before the gate was all the way up, and took out her windshield. I was inside the store at the time, but came out in time to catch all the excitement.

Rhonda said the gate was down, she had closed it before this person had pulled up to have her load checked. The other gal checked the load, and went inside to open the gate. Instead of waiting for the arm to go up, the lady took off and the arm hit the window and busted it out. Normally the gate arms will snap off pretty easily without causing much, if any, damage. But this gall caught the arm on the top of her grill and right before it snapped, it was high enough to slap back towards the front window. Of course, she was moving pretty fast and the window was also coming up to meet the arm, and the two smacked jut hard enough to break out the window.

She insisted the arm was up and started closing as she was going through it. Even if this was the case, it should have hit the hood and then went back up. The video caught it all, as did the other guard and Rhonda. So, when I come out, I don't have any idea yet what happened. This woman gets right in my face and asked me if the arm was coming down. I tell her I don't know, I wasn't there.

She progresses to tell me it had to be coming down to break her window, then asks me, "Right?"

I answer again, "I don't know what happened, I wasn't here and did not see."

She again explains that the arm was coming down, hit her window while she was coming through, and wants me to confirm this. I tell her again that I was not present when the accident took place, I didn't see anything and do not know what happened. Then I add, "That camera over there should have captured the entire incident and will show if the arm was going up, coming down, or stationary. But, I didn't see anything and don't know what happened.

She looked over and seen the surveillance camera and that was it, she was back over by her vehicle and had nothing more to say to me. The camera did show just what the guard said, the arm was down, the other person had just started to open it, and this woman stomped on the gas and ran right into it. I'm just glad it was only the gate arm, and not anything else.

Then, there was the comedians, who when asked if they know where they items they are picking up are located, and answer, "Yeah, in there someplace."

They point into the yard and chuckle, thinking this is just the wittiest thing I have ever heard. I don't get a chuckle out of it at all, and instead just agree and move on to the next guest and let them figure it out. They never seem to have the smart ass attitude when they finally come back out.

But, all in all, most of the people are nice and friendly. I enjoy talking with them and helping them have a nice experience, if possible. Of course, with the hat day, there were plenty of women coming through in various outfits, showing a lot of skin. Not anything lewd, although we see some of that as well. No I'm talking females of various ages, from young ladies to elderly women. They may have sun dresses on, or be dressed up in blouses and skirts. Some of course have on shorts and tank tops; a little of every kind of fashion as well as various body types and sizes.

I was once referred to as a girl watcher many, many years ago, when I was a teenager. Back then, in the early seventies, girl watching was common, and I enjoyed the various types of beauty on display. I still do, and that's what I'm talking about. Women of different ages, all types of builds, and dressed in various fashions pass through the yard on weekends. Some are local women, some from other places through out the state, and even from neighboring states. I enjoy them as much, the outfits, and the many forms of beauty they display. I guess once a girl watcher, always a girl watcher. The only thing that changes is it goes from girls to teens, then young ladies, and on to mature women.

Well, Rhonda should be home any time now, and it's getting difficult to concentrate. Fireworks are going off all around, and it's a bit distracting. So, I'll end my post and go watch the show.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/821784-Saturday