*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822913-waiting-again
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#822913 added July 18, 2014 at 2:04am
Restrictions: None
waiting again
I sit in front of a blank screen waiting. I am reminded of a time in which I was a prospective dad wondering what child of promise was on its way. It has been a long time since then. I have learned that birth comes with a cost. I have been divorced and continue to deal with the consequences of it. Maybe that is some of the secret. There are consequences that are not all bad. My children have all graduated college. My former wife is studying to be a minister and I have been remarried. The blank screen has its place. It keeps staring at me wondering what will fly off my fingers. It is much like the Genesis story in which order is made out of nothing/chaos depending on how you understand the nothingness (the blank screen).

I will wait to see what happens with my job. I will also watch what happens with all the ornaments that surround that entity. I wait to see my wife, my son in tennis and my family in Massachusetts. It is about getting ready. I will find out what it means to be ready before this is over.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822913-waiting-again