*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822982-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#822982 added July 18, 2014 at 11:12pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
It's back to the weekend work schedule, and I'm already behind. It was a full day, starting out right away this morning, but not too bad of a day. I didn't have to be to work until eleven, so I thought I could get some work done from home. I got a good start but needed to check a few applicants that had been forwarded to my email, and that's when it started to show that today was a Monday.

I know, it's Friday, the last day of work and the forerunner to the weekend for most. But for me and my wife, it's the first day back to work after our time off. So, we get Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday off, and go back to work on Friday. That means our weekend is in the middle of the week, and our Monday comes on Friday. It's a nice trade off, however, since Monday is then our Friday.

Anyway, I needed to get into my email, so I clicked the icon and got this message that Outlook had an error and could not start. I was given an option to retry, so I did. Same thing. There was also an option for a quick repair or an online repair. I picked quick, since I was in a hurry and had to be leaving for work in a couple of hours. The repair was still going when I left for work, and if it had not been for my netbook, I wouldn't have gotten much done at all.

Then, it was off to work, and we got there right on the wire. The first thing I need to do is talk to the guard who is getting done, but she doesn't have much to say, so I figure she still has not gotten a date  for quitting yet. She was going to leave a week ago, but the new job had not come through yet. So, we have a tentative last day of August first from her, and that is what I informed my boss.

It is why we are looking again for another guard, and why things are kind of messed up. So, I had already figured that as soon as I have some one hired, I would be informing this person that her last day is in fact August first. In the event that we did not hire, I would have let her stick around until Labor Day when our double coverage ends, and then let her go anyway. I know that sounds kind of cruel, but you have to understand she burned us last year, and I was not even going to rehire her. But after a long talk, she informed me that she would not leave our employment until February at the soonest.

She was in a bind and needed work, so I was kind and gave her a second chance. She worked three weeks before giving me notice that she was taking a different job. So, even though the job did not start right away for her, she would have been done a week ago, by her choosing. But I was nice and told her I would keep her on until August first, and to keep me posted of what was taking place. Today, after not hearing anything from her, she leaves a letter of resignation on the counter at work for me to find. I figure it must be some kind of drama or she would have given it to me instead of leaving it for me ti find.

I also know that it's unlikely she is going to get the job she put in for, by what she has told me. But maybe. I just have a feeling that she is going to come to me at the last minute and want to keep working. Only, I need to have people I know will be around for a while and also be upfront and notify me ahead of time that they are planning on looking for another job. I really don't hold it against them for looking and taking a better job with benefits and everything, but I don't like this sneaking and hiding it.

The day did turn out pretty good, even though it was my Monday. I had someone come by and apply for the position, and he seems like he may be the right person. I also have an interview on Monday, and possibly another person who may work out for the position. So, it's looking like we can get someone hired and trained before the person leaves, and that is a good deal.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822982-Friday