*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823242-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#823242 added July 21, 2014 at 10:44pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
Finally it's over. The weekend, I mean. Today was the last day of work for three days. I don't know why, but for some reason this weekend dragged by so slow. Today was the worst of all, I think.

It did not start out that bad, but it sure did a turn around this afternoon. I started at five this morning, and it was a slow day, even for a Monday. But, around eight it picked right up. Not too busy, but pretty steady. That was fine, it makes the day go by quicker. But, it soon died down again, with a guest or two here and there, but pretty slow. Rhonda came on duty around eleven, and it was still pretty slow, but picked right up shortly after she got to work. It was the lunch time rush, of course, and by twelve thirty it had calmed right back down.

It would pick up a bit here and there, but most of the afternoon was slow and one person could easily handle all the traffic with no problems. By three, I was going to clock out and get a little rest before our interviews. The head cashier came out about that time to see if we needed anything, but it was so slow that there wasn't any need for her to stick around. I packed up my stuff, signed out and was just about to leave when a return came in. There had been a couple of other guests as well, so I thought I would stick around until Rhonda finished the return.

Then a few more guests and a rather large return that was all messed up. I put my things back and took care of yard traffic while Rhonda worked on the return, and soon enough yard traffic was backing up at both the entrance and the exit. Rhonda was still tied up with her return, so I run my butt off trying to keep the lines moving. I was making progress and getting the lines back under control when this goofy woman stopped twenty feet short of the entrance and jumped out waving her arms and yelling, "I have a return!"

I had to tell her to pull forward so I could process her return and fill out the needed paperwork. She did, and I had another rush at the exit, so I had her start the paperwork while I cleared a couple of guests through the gate. I went back to help her finish up, and she had written on the return, "1 door, 1 cabinet, misc. plumbing parts, and misc, hardware and parts."

Nothing more, no description or sizes, or anything that would tell them inside what door or what cabinet. I had to move the items around and find the numbers and dimensions for her. I also explained that the little items needed to be returned in the store. She wanted to know if she could do her yard exchange and return, then carry all the stuff through the store to return it. No recipe or anything, just a bag full of parts and hardware.

I explained why this would not be a good idea, but then she wanted to pick up her exchange and leave it in the yard until she was done shopping. She also wanted to drive around to the front to do her return, and at the same time, wanted the yard to load her tiles that she was going to buy after her return. I explained again why she could not make the exchange and not take it with her when she exited, and why she couldn't come back later to pick it up. Either buy it and take it, or just don't buy it yet.

She continued on, and one, so I finally told her that maybe someone in the store could help her, and let her go in for her return and exchange. She was gone a long time, and Rhonda must have processed her out when she did leave. I don't remember her leaving at all. I did have a few more cooks while Rhonda worked on more returns, and by the time five p.m. rolled around, I was beat.

Then it was over for the interview, only the guy didn't show up, and had mistaken Rhonda for meeting in the parking lot.  I know Rhonda would not have told him to meet us in the parking lot since I do my interviews inside. I think he was just late and used it for an excuse. He seemed like a fine person for the job, but he also works a varying schedule for his full time job, so there just was no way to schedule him for work. the other person did not show, but called the house. We still have not called him back to hear his reason for missing the interview.

But, I need someone I can schedule, and I need someone who can make it to work, so I have to rule these two out. I have another gent I talked to a couple of days ago, and will call him tomorrow. That took care of the after work activities, so we went out to eat, being our anniversary today. Then it's home and now it's time for me to turn in and get some sleep, I managed ten hours in the last two days, and about fourteen in the last three. I'm beat and want to get a good nights sleep so we can celebrate our anniversary tomorrow, a day late, but we have the day off and can enjoy it.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823242-Monday