*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823552-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#823552 added July 25, 2014 at 9:29pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
Running short on time again tonight, but that's typical on the weekends. I work Friday through Monday, and put in some long hours for most of the four days, but Friday is my shorter day, and usually goes by pretty well. But today it was a long drawn out day and I'm beat. Also, it seems like we have to always stop and pick up a few things on Friday before we come home, and that puts us a little more behind on our schedule.

It was the same today, and even though we made a quick stop, we got home a bit later than we wanted. On top of being a bit late getting home, I had work to do, and that also burns up quite a bit of the time I have after work. Today it was reports and schedules. I need to get an updated schedule printed and faxed to my boss, and I have to get it to him before Sunday. Since tomorrow is a twelve hour day, I thought it best to work on it today.

Even though there were delays in getting home and work that needed attention, it wasn't a bad day at all. It was very humid and warm at work, and I think today was as busy as most Saturdays and I ran my self into the ground. Even so, it was a good day.

I started out with a schedule ready to print copies off of and post, but then when I got to the guardhouse and talked to the guard who is quitting, I found out she did not get the job she wanted. Since we did not get anyone hired, her position is still open, and there was no reason not to keep her on, so I offered and she accepted. For now, problem salved as far as keeping a full crew. We have one month left of double coverage, then it won't be as difficult if we lose her. But, since she didn't get the job, and I let her keep her position, it's sounding like she may stick around for a while now.

Of course, she said that right from the start, and then was resigning after three short weeks, so it would be kind of stupid to think it's going to be any different now. There is hope, and that is what I have, but at the same time, I'm looking at just getting through the rest of the summer, of double coverage, and then if something comes up and we lose her, we can handle it much better.

So, it was a good start to the day, with the only down side being I didn't have a schedule made up with her staying on. But, the only change there was to the last one, is she needs to take off early one day, so I had Rhonda copy it over to a new sheet and make the correction, then ran off copies, posted one with the store and posted the other in the guardhouse. I also had copies printed off for the guards. There is one person who will not be in to work before the new schedule takes effect, and since there was no changes I didn't put a lot of concern into it. Just in case, however, I text him a message with the information.

So, everything was covered, and work went well. It was busy, and kind of crazy, but not bad, and it was soon time for us to clock out and come home. One stop for some groceries along the way, then home. Once we got home, I helped Rhonda put stuff away and then I got started on my reports while she made us some dinner. Nothing fancy tonight, just tomato soup and bologna sandwiches. I also got a start on the schedule, and Rhonda assisted while she waited for the soup to heat up. There wasn't much to change on the schedule, as I mentioned, so it did not take long.

Once I had that done, the soup was hot and we enjoyed our dinner in the living room in front of the television. After our show was finished, and we were done eating, Rhonda fed the dogs while I got in here and wrote my entry for the day. She's done now, the dogs are done now, and I'm almost done. Once I finish this, I'm going to have a small bowl of ice cream and take the dogs out one last time. Then it's off to bed, so I can get a good night sleep before the alarm goes off at three tomorrow morning.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/823552-Friday