*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824054-This-ones-about-forgettin-impulses-and-breakage
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2002599
My fourth blog. Amazing yet disconcerting. Don't worry; this'll go away in a year or so.
#824054 added July 31, 2014 at 8:48pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about forgettin', impulses, and breakage.
30DBC PROMPT: "Who says I am forgetting this? *Bigsmile* Write everything in 3 part series July 29-31."

Ugh, we're still on this? What's up folks? We've reached the end of another month in the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS...good job to everyone who stuck it out to the last day! As always, it's been a pleasure runnin' all month with ya.

I still haven't been able to crack the idea behind this month's serial prompt entries. I think we've established that I'm pretty terrible at the three-part thing, and I'm perfectly ok with that. I have no desire to write everything, and I think I remembered everything I've forgotten (or have I forgotten everything I'm supposed to be remembering? I'm so confused...).

So in keeping with the theme I established regarding this month's serial, let's continue to talk about forgetting. Do you ever feel like you've been forgotten, or that you're unsure of your own existence within someone else's mind? I find myself wondering about this from time to time...like, what's my purpose to some people? I don't mean that in a bad way, like I'm seeking attention or anything. It's just that you don't see people for so long sometimes that you want some kind of sign that you're still important to them in some way.

Most of you know that today's my birthday (and don't feel bad if you didn't know...it's not like I make a big deal out of it, because it's not a big deal), and I think for those of us who use Facebook on a daily basis, would we remember birthdays if Facebook didn't remind us? I wouldn't, I know that. Too many other things on my mind on any given day. My friend list is expanding again...I just cracked 1000 (and that was after deleting over 500 people that I no longer communicate with)...I could never remember that many birthdays. I'd be ridiculous if I did.

When I came home from work this afternoon, I had over 100 notifications...mostly the typical "Happy Birthday" stuff to go with the couple early greetings I got late last night. I'm very appreciative of the love and the fact that people took time out of their day to brighten mine, but it blows my mind that so many of these wishes come from all over the globe and from people I haven't seen or spoken to in years (outside of wishing them a happy birthday when it's their turn). Where are we the other 364 days of the year?

Facebook itself is funny sometimes that way...you can post the most hilarious thought in your head and nobody will care, yet the most trivial stuff will get tons of likes and comments. My mom posted a couple pictures of me last night from when I was a kid, and you'd think the internet was gonna break by the way people were likin' that stuff. Same thing when I updated my status about going back to college...you'd think I won the Super Bowl or somethin'. But it's cool. Life's not a museum where you just look at stuff and move along with the masses...it's meant to be interactive and experienced. We've all got stories to share and memories and what have you. All I'm sayin' is that you don't have to limit it to one day out of the year. We're here, we exist. We're not forgotten.

Thanks for an awesome month, 30-Day Bloggers. It's been all sortsa fun...hope we cross paths again.

BCF PROMPT: "Write about a time you acted first and thought later, giving into your impulses."

Oh, really? I'm an impulsive bastard at times! I don't mind saying that. Sometimes you gotta do stuff on a whim, because how boring is status quo? Remember what I said up above about life needing to be lived? Yeah...shake things up sometimes. Order a large instead of the medium. Walk backwards. Anything to change the monotony of the world.

I think we've all been guilty one time or another of acting first and thinking later...there's such a thing as being lost in the moment where impulse reigns, and later on you're like "Maybe I coulda handled that differently". The cd purchase that turned out sucky. The less-than-desirable girl you brought home from the bar (or worse, a very desirable girl that will never speak to you again after she leaves in the morning). That God-awful $85 dollar sweater that looked like a good deal but makes all your "ugly Christmas sweaters" look like regal formal attire. All the things synonymous with "bucket of yuck". You know you've got your own personal list.

I wasn't gonna talk about hook-ups, as I generally consider that to be bad form, but I can't think of anything else impulsive currently. Here's something you should never be compelled to utter: "I hooked up with a boyish-looking girl once."

For the record, she was a beautiful woman with an amazing body...she just had really short hair at the time. Hence, "boyish".

And I swore I wasn't even gonna try to sleep with her. She was a coworker from another department, and hell, I wasn't even gonna go out that night! But someone offers to buy you a drink, and then some shots, and the next thing you know you're out with your regular bartender and his buddies at the bar they go to when they wanna drink away the demons from serving you and your crew all week. You know your friend wants to hook up with one of the chicks, and he's talking you into helping him out, and you're adamant it's not happening for you. And a half hour later there's the four of you in your living room, your buddy has commandeered your bed, and as soon as the lights go out this stupid hot chick with the boyish trim is fiercely making out with you on your pull-out sofa bed. And that doesn't stop you from trying to go back for seconds in the morning, but you're outta condoms so it's a no-go.

It's a rough life, gettin' hammered and thinking with the head that doesn't have the brain. *Rolleyes*

And she was such a nice girl too. Granted, much younger (but still legal, so don't get any ideas). When she finally grew her hair out to chick-length, wow. But she got clingy the first couple of times we bumped into each other after our romantic endeavor, and people started catching on that there was a night of drunken sex moves involved. It didn't have to be awkward, but I guess that's what I do in situations like that. In retrospect, I could've done the gentlemanly thing and started dating her, but I don't think I was ready for a relationship at the time. She wound up dating a few of my friends, and it worked out great for them for awhile, but then she went to study abroad I think and that was the end of that.

I'm not proud, and yeah I could've handled the whole thing a lot better. But we've all got stories like that, I'm sure...it doesn't make us any less of human beings. It's how we respond to our bad decisions that eventually define us.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Oh ok, fine...I'll share this. But just for today!!


"I would like you to dance."
Lyrics.  


THE DAILY BOX SCORE:

Blog City image small


*Document* "Make a list of 5 things that you never break. Like a heart, promise, your computer...... Just go with it."

Normally I like lists...but I can already foresee this one as being tough. I can probably list five things I can easily break, and do so in record time. Way to challenge me!

For The Blogging Bliss.
Gotta get some use outta this image.


*Bullet* I don't break faces (anymore, at least). I'd like to think I've totally outgrown the fist-fighting that comes along with being a teenage male.

*Bullet* I don't break stuff that isn't mine, because that's not cool. I'm hyper-vigilant with other people's stuffs, because I want them to trust me and I'd rather not be on the hook for a replacement.

*Bullet* I don't break hearts...I generally destroy them completely.

*Bullet* I don't breakdance. I'm not that coordinated.

*Bullet* I don't break my stride  . Oh no...I got to keep on movin'.

*Cake* I'm truly overwhelmed with the birthday love and support on WDC from all y'all today...it means a lot and I'm thankful for each and every one of you. Too many to name, but thanks for the C-notes, MB's, notebook messages, shoutouts...y'all really are like a family to me, and you know how to make a kid feel special. *Blush* Thank you.

*Pizza* Got the love over at work today too...just became Facebook friends with a couple of the girls in the office yesterday, and shortly after I came in today one of 'em popped her head into our room and was all "Happy birthday!" Then it got mentioned over the loudspeaker, and they surprised me with pizza, cupcakes, a fancy doughnut, and all sorts of well-wishes. It was really nice and totally unexpected. I'mma miss that place when I start up classes.

Well, that's all I've got for today, y'all. Thanks again...I appreciate you bein' here and all that you do. Peace, we're gonna have a good time, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!



Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824054-This-ones-about-forgettin-impulses-and-breakage