*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824187-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#824187 added August 1, 2014 at 10:14pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
Kind of a slow day today for a change, and it was nice. Usually Fridays start out slow, but by noon we are both pretty busy, today, however, it never did get real busy, and was as whole, pretty mellow all day. That was good, since neither Rhonda or I are feeling very good. I'm getting better, but today was kind of a set back for my cold, or allergies or what ever it is I'm inflicted with. My throat is feeling better, but still a little sore, but my sinuses are stuffed up worse again, and my chest is more congested.

I think it's mostly do to spending the day at the zoo yesterday, all the stuff that normally would bother my allergies is not making me suffer even worse as a result of the infection in my sinuses and stuff. It was a fair trade off to enjoy the day with children and grandchildren, but today would have been pretty miserable if it had been one of them busy and crazy Fridays we've had so many of.

Rhonda had a slight sore throat, but it was better. Now, after yesterday, her's is getting worse, too. She could barely talk today, and was feeling pretty rough. But, having a slow day helped, and neither of us got run down and burned out today. I'm hopeful that we will both feel better by tomorrow. Even so, I didn't take any chances, and stopped after work and loaded up with some cold and flu medications that should help us sleep well, and relieve a lot of the symptoms tomorrow if we need to take something. And, I even made sure to get non-drowsy medications for work.

On top of the medications, it's juices and plenty of fluids to keep things working right and speed up the recovery time, as well as some natural remedies, like Echinacea tea. I also seen a product that is suppose to relieve leg cramps and knotting. It's a natural type remedy, and I thought it may just help with my legs cramping at night, and maybe, just maybe, it would help alleviate the knots in my right leg.

They have been a source of pain and suffering for a couple weeks now, and nothing seems to get them to go away. Rhonda rubs them down good, massages the knots out as best she can, but they just do not go away completely, and by the end of the day, or the next morning, they are back. It's quite painful to even have her massage them, and the pain is a steady ache with throbbing pulses at times that make it even worse. They have been messing me up with sleep and everything else for a couple of weeks now.

I wasn't even sure how it would go at the zoo. I knew I would be putting a lot of time in on my feet, and I was prepared for the worst, but after about a half an hour, the pain let up and my leg did pretty good for the rest of the day. After we got home it started to ache a little, but so far it has not reached the level it was at. So, one thing is now known, when the pain comes and the knots form, I have to walk and they will fade out some. I know it's going to be difficult to do sometimes, but if it helps, I'll walk every day.

The leg is still feeling better, but it's starting to hurt again, so I picked up a bottle of these tablets and thought that maybe they just might help out, and I think once the knots and cramping are gone completely, I won't have any more trouble with them. At least, that's what I'm hoping for, and it sounds good.

Now it's time to get this journal entry wrapped up, finish my tea, and hit the bed; slip between the sheets and sleep, as someone once said. I have to be up at three in the morning and pull a twelve hour shift, so rest is much needed. Rhonda and I both have a long day ahead, so hopefully we get a good night sleep, and feel better by tomorrow. I'm also hoping that it will be a bit more mellow than a normal Saturday, and if today was any indication, it just may be. I could handle a nice calm and relaxing weekend, and I know Rhonda could, too.

So, seven hundred and fifty words plus for this entry, and I'm doing good, now it's seven hundred and fifty or more z's for me and my lady.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824187-Friday