*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824704-August-7-prompt
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1789627
30 Day Blogging Challenge
#824704 added August 7, 2014 at 8:42pm
Restrictions: None
August 7 prompt
August 7, 2014 Prompt: This is your sleeping quarters for the next three weeks. The guys will be in one tent and the girls in another. We have provided cots so hopefully you brought your bedding.

There are some important things one should know about camping in the wilderness and lots of information available on the web in case you don't know.
Do you know how to purify water? Do you know how to build a fire? Finally what does it mean when it says Sustainable Camping? Inquiring minds want to know how prepared you are for this adventure.

I will use a sand, pebble and reed filtering system and then for good measure (how long is that exactly?)  transfer the precious nectar into blue glass bottles with crystals inside and then bathe it in the crisp white midnight moonlight.  Water is a fascinating substance.

I Would use the Irish turf of my homeland which would give off a deep soporific haze and form patterns in the flames of stories of old. I would  be the first flame reader and recount the tales in the crackles and the shifting heat. Long in to the night the words of ancient substance form as the flame reader title is passed to each person in the group. What's tales we shall tell...

Sustainable camping is the way to go working with the environment being respectful of it. We would need to dig a good hole in the ground for the compost toilets who's up for that- boys?( yeah I know that was so sexist of me*Smile*)

It's warm in the tent, I am going to sling my hammock between a couple of friendly trees and watch the stars rotate.


Paper Doll Angel
"I am a Rising Star!" glass image.

© Copyright 2014 Finn O'Flaherty (UN: fin333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Finn O'Flaherty has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/824704-August-7-prompt