*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825248-Home-again
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#825248 added August 13, 2014 at 6:23pm
Restrictions: None
Home again
I made it back to Kansas City today. Being back home seems strange. I went back East to see my family. The landscape has changed quite a bit since the last time I was there. The main characters and setting seem much the same. I was glad to see mom, and the rest of my siblings. It made it seem like an eternal kind of home. I am reminded of the words that Jesus uttered in chapter fourteen of John. I go to prepare a place for you. I think this is the responsibility of all of us who follow Jesus. We make our lives a home for others. I look forward to preparing a place for others deep inside to know the love of God. We are all a part of a cloud of witnesses who before us prepare a place of faith to grow. Like a mustard seed, we grow in such a way that others will seek us out. I may not be with my family back East, but my heart is and always will be.

Home again means that I find God's caring presence wherever I go. I am learning that despite what I say or do I am learning that people are better off because I have been there. I pray that my mother comes to know this in real ways as she continues to become a mustard seed testimony. I wish I could be there with you physically mom. I can only imagine the beauty of God's glory as it continues to radiate in and through you. May the same love that brings us together bring us together again.

One of my goals is to put my family story tree back on track. I am hoping that Mom and others can help me fill in the spaces within me that seem so empty. May God bless my quest to be home again. May others want to be a part of the same home that God is growing within me. The mustard seed faith invites others home to be with God and others that could not know God otherwise.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825248-Home-again