*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826349-Epic-World-Update-and-Virgo-Traits
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#826349 added August 26, 2014 at 10:48am
Restrictions: None
Epic World Update and Virgo Traits
I've been developing characters and settings in my epic "Poor Witch" world for the last few months, gaining inspiration and motivation from "I Write in June-July-August [ASR] and a variety of contests around the site. While the exercises are fantastic for world building, it's time to regroup and organize my story arc.

On a related note, a friend posted the traits of a Virgo on my Facebook wall, since I am, in fact, a Virgo, and my birthday is approaching. I'm scientific, analytical, which makes me skeptical of astrological trends. Most horoscopes and character trait descriptions are vague enough that they can be twisted to fit. But this description was spot on, and I find that a little eerie. And it wholly applies to the exercise I'm about to do.

VIRGOS: ...need to be organized in their mind, sometimes all their energy is taken from organizing their mind that they have a difficult time organizing their surroundings. They easily look too deep into an issue and over analyze what the (perceive)...

When I was in college, I was a master of procrastination. I literally spent hours calculating (often the the help of spreadsheets) the minimum grades I would need to get on final exams to achieve certain overall grades in the class. Meanwhile, I could have simply been studying for the tests.

And with that, I shall move on to my story arc outline, and then, hopefully, my eleventh and final Summer I Write submission. Merit Badge, here I come! And then, if all goes as planned, NaNo 2014 will be another installment of the over-developed and over-analyzed Poor Witch saga.

Oh, and check this out: Out 'n About Columbus, August 24, 2014  / This show airs on the local ABC network on Sunday mornings. Michelle Tuesday Music School   is highlighted at 16:40. *Bigsmile*


© Copyright 2014 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826349-Epic-World-Update-and-Virgo-Traits