*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827283-MTMS-Commercial-The-Continuing-Saga
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#827283 added September 5, 2014 at 11:56am
Restrictions: None
MTMS Commercial: The Continuing Saga
If you didn't read yesterday's novel, here's the quick summary: We signed a contract with Venue to run a commercial in their local movie theatre. They secured a third party advertising agency ("Production") to make the ad, but we signed a contract directly with Production.

Production supplied the first revision. Venue suggested changes to the informational "slide" containing contact information about our business. We said we agreed with the suggestions, but we made arrangements for our internal creative guy, Zach, to do the slide himself. Production agreed.

Zach's slide didn't exactly match Venue's suggestions. Instead of asking us about it, Production took it upon herself to CHANGE Zach's slide so that it would match Venue's suggestions.

We were only supposed to get one revision, according to our agreement.

Yesterday, I closed my blog post with: "......now, who wants to bet that we get charged for a second revision?"

7:49 AM today:

Michelle,

Good Morning!

Ad has been handed off to Venue exactly as it was sent!
This constitutes an additional change.
What was sent in Zach’s piece DOES NOT INCLUDE Venue's comments you agreed with.
We took out the changes you communicated you wanted on August 28th  at 9:22 AM


Production also included a quote from my 8/28 9:22 email: "We have all reviewed the video. We agree with Venue's suggestions, and we have no additional requests. Since we only get one edit request, can we see the "slide" before you incorporate it into the video, or just let Zach do it so we know we'll be happy with it on the first edit?"

Chris replied with a quote from Production's 8/28 reply to the 9:22 email: "Hello!
For the sake of time, let's go with what Zach creates.  We can add that into your spot right away.
This will get you into the theater sooner."


Production replied:

"Chris,

Not certain why this sent but at this stage, please ensure any direction comes from Michelle to avoid any confusion!

Thanks Kindly!"


*Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock**Shock*


...um, yeah. So after spraying blood out of the top of my head in a laser-fine, high-pressure spray that drilled a tiny hole in my ceiling, I responded with this:

"I am offended by this. If you would please refer to our contract with you, it was in fact Chris Fredenburg who read and signed the agreement with you, not me. She, Zach Garster, and Angela Heck Mueller have complete and total authority to speak on behalf of MTMS."

© Copyright 2014 Brandiwyn🎶 (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brandiwyn🎶 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827283-MTMS-Commercial-The-Continuing-Saga