*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827717-This-ones-about-my-sweaty-listicle
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2002599
My fourth blog. Amazing yet disconcerting. Don't worry; this'll go away in a year or so.
#827717 added September 9, 2014 at 11:31pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about my sweaty listicle.
BLOG CITY PROMPT: "Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Take this and apply it to your blog in any way you see fit."

What's up y'all? I've been dilly-dallying through most of my free time today, so I guess you could say I wasted every opportunity I've had to write a full blog entry two days in a row. On the plus side however, I managed to finally learn how to take a nap during my four hour Tuesday break, which actually worked out pretty well...so by tomorrow, I should be all caught up on sleep, mostly healed from the cold I had over the weekend, and down for whatever else the rest of the week should throw at me.

Blog City image small


Well, I try not to sweat the petty things...but sometimes you just need to prove a point or can't easily let go of something that, for lord only knows why, seems so very important. Inconsequential in every venue except your heart, mind, or both. Why are we like this? What drives us to become stark raving lunatics over something only we care about? I'm sure there's been some kind of study done on this (and I'm too lazy to Google it right now or else I totally would), as undoubtedly it happens a hell of a lot more than we care to admit.

On the other hand, petting the sweaty things...I'm of two vastly different minds when it comes to this: 1) Does this happen so much in such a disgusting fashion that we had to rearrange the letters of one of literature's best coping and motivational guides to suit the lesser-informed population; and 2) If we're being true to our primal urges and tendencies, is this really such a bad thing? *Smirk*

I say: if it feels good, go with it; if it doesn't, it's most likely wrong. That's some advice you can use in many facets of your life, free of charge. *Wink*

MUSICAL BREAK!!

No matter which side of the argument (if there even is one) you're on, perhaps this is your best first step.



THE LISTICLE 9.9

Banner in oranges and blues for THE LIST Blog City Contest


In conjunction with "BLOG CITY presents: The LIST, I present to you 14 songs that could possibly be referencing a sweat-inducing activity.

1) "Twist And Shout" by The Beatles
2) "Shake Your Rump" by The Beastie Boys
3) "Firestarter" by The Prodigy
4) "What It Is To Burn" by Finch
5) "Glory Burning" by Felt
6) "100 Miles And Runnin'" by NWA
7) "Ballin' On A Budget" by Nappy Roots
8) "The High Heat" by Wilco
9) "Paris In Flames" by Thursday
10) "Bonus Mosh Pt. II" by Taking Back Sunday
11) "Get It Faster" by Jimmy Eat World
12) "P.S. New York Is Burning" by Jawbreaker
13) "The Burning Of" by Boysetsfire
14) "Fire Water Burn" by Bloodhound Gang

I trust that you all know how to use YouTube if you're interested enough in any of these songs.

*Mugy* Because ZOMG, 26 Reasons Kids Are Pretty Much Just Tiny Drunk Adults  .

And it's about that time...I've had my first yawn of the evening, so I better wrap this up and start the sleep-prep ritual if I wanna be out by 1am (I'll settle for not knowing when I'll fall asleep as long as I can sleep through the whole night). Peace, with those laser beams, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827717-This-ones-about-my-sweaty-listicle