*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827721
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#827721 added September 10, 2014 at 12:09am
Restrictions: None
Mayflower Voyage
Prompt: Pretend you were on the Mayflower on that first voyage to settle in America. Describe your feelings leaving England and seeing your new home.

This was my first time on a ship. My husband and I decided to go to America. We didn't know what to expect but we were willing to take a chance. I loved England but I was raised in a Work House and they weren't very kind to me. I couldn't wait to turn eighteen and I met a Duke's son. I had no honor or title. Phillip loved me and we married. His parents disinherited him so we decided to leave for America. The ship wasn't fancy. It had air holes and the water was rough at times. Two bad storms could have ship wrecked us but it didn't. We survived. The animals survived. They were well taken care of. I got sea sick but a nice sailor gave me some tea and I was alright. We didn't have a nice bed but I never did. Phillip was used to nice things but he gave them up for me. We saw a huge fish they call a whale and some dolphins. Some men got drunk and fought but sailors broke up the fights. Two couples got married on the voyage. I almost fell over board once when a bad storm came up but Phillip grabbed a hold of me and I was safe. It was a rough voyage at times.

England was beautiful and so green. There was nothing here for us anymore. I didn't cry as we left. Phillip would hold me and smile. Some passengers got sick and died. I was so sad. We left them at sea. Sometimes, the voyage was cold and sometimes it was hot. We finally made it to America.

There were so many trees and other bodies of water. We landed by a great big rock in Massechusetts. The men cleared out trees and we had a place to put our blankets down. There were raccoons, wolves and all kind of animals. The scene was breath taking. We cooked. The men hunted rabbits, deer and fished. Sometimes I wished that I had stayed in England. We built cabins and a place to live. Phillip and I had our own homes. America did look beautiful now Two women were accused of being witches and I thought we came to England to leave those fears. I was religious and my friends, too. We were careful not to be accused of being witches. Phillip started a store and a fur trading post. We had a lot of money and we built a two story house and had twin girls. I loved life in America.

** Image ID #2005818 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827721