*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828074-The-Patsies
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#828074 added September 14, 2014 at 1:44pm
Restrictions: None
The Patsies
The Patsies was the name of the Patriots when I grew up. It did not seem they knew how to win any games. Then they came into their own about the time my dad died. They won their first super bowl about that time.

I guess that defines my own struggle to be who I am and pray I might be with God's help. From a young age I was not taken very seriously. It made it hard for me to take myself seriously. I had a lot of trouble in my studies and in athletics. I was often the last picked and near the bottom of the class. I was lost. How much of all that was emotional and how much mental is not clear. Did I do if for attention? I doubt it, but who knows?

Over time I wanted more for my life. I had fun running and made myself feel good about how I could catch up to my friends in a game of tag. I began figuring out to read and that gave me another outlet to see myself as more than a patsy.

I have been a champion for the patsy as life moved on. I am a realist and know that I can never be as good as most people. At the same time I am committed to helping people become the best that they can be. It is a motivation that keeps me alive. I still wrestle with loss and get real negative in the face of failure. In the end all I can say is to God be the glory!!
*Delight*

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828074-The-Patsies