*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828780
Rated: GC · Book · Crime/Gangster · #2009752
For my Entries to the Character Gauntlet September 2014
#828780 added September 22, 2014 at 7:31pm
Restrictions: None
Prompt the Eighth: Most Ardently


Well? It’s almost four in the morning, did you have a reason for waking – Jesus what happened to you?

Can I come in?

Oh uh, sure. can I get you something? Tea? Ice? I have a bag of peas if you like? I keep them labelled as Ice Peas for stuff like this. Well… ok… not quite like this, muscle aches usually.

Got anything stronger than tea?

I have Jura’s Ten Year?

The stuff you drink on the anniversary? No thanks. I came close enough t’being killed tonight wivout drinking a dead man’s drink. … sorry that weren’t nice.

Really cheap gin?

That’s more like it. Tesco’s finest. You bought this?

Left overs from a party.  You should know me better by now.

Hence the surprise darling. Oh, that feels good.

Hold it there for thirty seconds then off for ten. Apparently it works like a treat.

Babes, it’s not I ain’t done this before.

Well you’ve never done it all over my kitchen before, have you? You’ve not brought all your madness to my doorstep before, have you?

You mean chaos.

Not even funny.

But see it works, cos I’m Chaos and you said –

At least you’re still joking.

Take more than them wankers to stop me.

This isn’t a competition you know. You don’t’ need to be brave.

I weren’t meaning it –

I’m with you, I don’t need to pretend.

So you promise you you’ll follow the instructions for the ice? This isn’t the army, you don’t really have to, but that’s seriously going to swell.

Ok.

Chaos.

I’m already drinking, this is the best medicine. Plus, with you. Makes everything a little better.

Are you… going to tell me what happened to you?

It were the middle of the night. I got a phone call. From some unknown number, wanted to give me a heads up on a body found near Canal Street. Some girl they say. Mid twenties, supposedly alone after a night with friends.

You don’t –

But when I get there, it weren’t just a woman. She killed herself with her daughter strapped into her car seat in the back.

How old was she?

Almost seven maybe, six at the most.

Geez, Chaos.

Sorry.

No it’s ok, how did you… I mean… what happened?

I asked the first on the scene some stuff I shouldn’t have asked. Body of a little girl, age six, water in the lungs, and I just. I just… I couldn’t handle that. Same age as my sister was, same tell tales about her fate.

You never found Soraya…

But she’s dead. Yeah... you don’t have to say anything.

Anyway, it was on the way back and I was trying to show that the cars behind me could overtake. But… it wasn’t trying to over take. They show a time when all the government is doing now is making certain  -

Just stick to what happened.

Mmmm perfect tea. I could kiss you.

You’d taste of blood and gross right now, please don’t. And don’t give me that look, Chaos, I don’t understand you when your face is crooked.

Two guys at least what doubles us two came at me. I think a bit of blood is hardly a hindrance.

Chaos! No! Sit back down, stop making me laugh and tell me what happened.

But I love seeing you like this.

I hate seeing you like that. You looked like a ghost before, at least now you’ve got some colour back. No, sit back down. Colour doesn’t mean you can leave.

Two guys came at me, smashed everything up like in the riots my parents was in back whenever. One ran my bike over. I walked here… But they just kept… I had to run.

Best fight. Is one not fought. I know.

Matty… can I stay here? Til proper morning?

Well the bed isn’t… sure. I’ll make up the sofa for you.

You’re the only one for me, Matty.

Or just sleep in my bed – it’s big enough for two, it’s not like…

Yeah, yeah of course.

What’s that look?

What’s your look?

Sorry, nothing. Just let’s go to sleep, I’m going mad. Coming?

Marry me?

Don’t joke, Chaos.

Who said I was joking?

Go to sleep.

Hey?

Hm?

You awake?

Seriously?

I’m not five.

I didn’t –

You was thinking it…

Well?

If we don’t… If I don’t… With this killer…

Shut up and go to sleep, you’re being melodramatic.

I just wanted to say –

Seriously, say nothing.

I… ok… night Matty.

Night Chaos.

Love you.

Go to sleep.
© Copyright 2014 Dr Matticakes Myra (UN: dragoon362 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Matticakes Myra has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828780