*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830499-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#830499 added October 8, 2014 at 7:49pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
My last entry was on Monday, after work. I guess missing Tuesday completely kind of counterbalances getting in here early on Monday. Oh well, as Forrest Gump so rightly stated after stepping in dog poop, " "It happens."

To which the other guy asked, "What, shit?"

And Forrest replied "Sometimes."

What I'm saying, "Shit happens."

And Tuesday it did. Nothing bad; in fact it wasn't a bad day at all. Rhonda and I were both very tired and run down, so we just kind of took a quiet day of relaxing and resting up. We did get a few things done, but nothing much. After dinner, we were watching a movie when I remembered I had forgot to write in my journal. But, it was just after midnight by this time, and WdC is two hours earlier than I am. So, I missed Tuesday.

But, I did get a nice restful and relaxing day, and then a good night's sleep. We did get up around five our time to watch the lunar eclipse for a bit. It was pretty cold out, but worth it to see the reddish moon. It was just settling behind the neighbors big tree, but there was enough of an opening we cold stand close on the patio and see the copper colored disc glowing just above the western horizon.

We went out while it was a full eclipse, but soon we could see the crescent white as the shadow passed. It was very beautiful, and it was wonderful to share it like this. We had wrapped in blankets to ward off the cold, and Rhonda was standing just in front of me. So naturally I opened my arms and the blanket I was wrapped in, and snuggled up to her, then wrapped my arms and the blanket around both of us. Then, with her snug in my arms, we watched.

Shortly after the white crescent began to creep across the face of the moon, we returned inside, and retired back to our bed. Snuggled much the same as we were outside, we drifted back into slumber. Rhonda got up a little before me, but only a few minutes. then it was coffee and conversation before we started our day.

Today was another wonderful day. The temperatures have dropped, and it's doing well to get into the sixties now, so we removed the air conditioners from the windows and stowed them for the winter. Of course, this meant putting the screens and storms back on, after cleaning them. It was nice to have the fresh air blowing through the house again.

I also put up a knick-knack shelf for Rhonda, and moved some furniture around. Nothing too much, just making some final touches on our bigger project of moving back upstairs to sleep. We had rearranged most of the dinning room, living room, and our bedroom with the move, and now it's just a matter of a few little adjustments, and decorating the rooms again.

Then, I checked email and took a shower. After, I logged in here and cleaned up my mail, wrote my journal entry, and now it's about time for dinner. I have to work early tomorrow, so up at three again. That means a little television after dinner, then bed.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830499-Wednesday