*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830634-This-ones-about-home-and-friends
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2002599
My fourth blog. Amazing yet disconcerting. Don't worry; this'll go away in a year or so.
#830634 added October 9, 2014 at 4:55pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about home and friends.
Blog City image small


*House* "They say you can't go home again. (After being gone for years from a home you grew up in.) Do you agree with this statement?" Greetings from sunny Western New York, y'all! This prompt almost isn't fair today, since I'm visiting home for the next few days *Wink*. And what's the first thing I did, before even stopping by my mom's to drop off my bags and say hi? Got some chicken wings, of course. And it appears my brother and I may be going out for wings again tonight, because it's WNY, and you can't quite get wings anywhere else that are as good as the ones you can get here. I've tried. Many who have left the area have tried. It's just not meant to be...sorry, rest of the world.

Many people leave their hometowns, for a variety of reasons. Some can come back and it's like they never left. Others can't come home, because they'd rather not look back. I say do whatever works for you. It's not my job as an adult to say whether you should or shouldn't go back home. They're your reasons, and I respect that.

MUSICAL BREAK!!

** Image ID #2010042 Unavailable **


Most of you know who the Red Hot Chili Peppers are, and you might know they went through a bunch of lineups before becoming mega-famous. Who knows if they'd have been the same band they are now had they not lost one of their first guitarists, Hillel Slovak, to a heroin overdose after their second and third albums? It's really hard to say, since their breakthrough song "Under The Bridge" was about the struggle to overcome addiction...Slovak was long deceased by that point, but you don't find yourself very far removed from the scene without losing a few people along the way.

I went with "Me And My Friends" because it's a fun tribute to some of the people you've had the best times with through early adulthood, and there often isn't a better way to document that than by putting them down in a song.


"Like freaks of a feather we'll rock together."
Lyrics and interpretations.  


THE DAILY BOX SCORE:

*Phone* Figures...my phone, even though it's a local 716 number, doesn't work right when I come back home. I missed two calls (numbers I don't know, so it doesn't seem like they're that important), but I can't check my voice mails and have no clue if my text messaging works. And the only reason I'm kinda concerned about this is because of where my mom lives...right practically on the border of two counties, and for the longest time (back when "roaming" was still a problem) certain providers had a signal in one county, but not the other. Coupling that with the problem I'm having when I'm at school and my phone only works in about 50% of the building (which is totally not in a vicinity supported fully by my area code), I guess it's time to start looking at switching service again. And that means a new number. And a new phone. And that feels almost like more of a pain in the ass than having a phone not work in some places. Decisions, decisions.

*Hockey* Hockey's back! First game of the Sabres season! Whoo hoo! They're a young team that's expected to suck even more than they did last year...but somehow the future seems more optimistic this year as opposed to last year. We'll see. At least for a few weeks though, yay hockey!!

Well, guess I better fold my laundry and figure out the plans for the evening...where to get wings, where to watch hockey, all that kinda "I'm home!" stuff. Peace, like my heart needs to beat, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


Have fun gettin' that outta your head the rest of the night. *Smirk*

© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830634-This-ones-about-home-and-friends