*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830839-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#830839 added October 11, 2014 at 8:47pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
Wow, missed again yesterday. I know it's not the end of the world to miss a journal entry, especially on days that are full and busy. But, not knowing you even missed it, that's kind of scary.

So, what's my excuse? None. Seriously I have no excuse. I was up at three yesterday for work, had a pretty good day and then was back home by about one in the afternoon. My brother had stopped by at work and wanted to do a little running after I got done, so we spent about an hour together, then parted ways.

We had made plans to go out in the boat and do a little fishing, but not until later in the afternoon, around two or so. I had the dogs with, so when I got home I let them take a few minutes to do dog stuff before letting them in. then we shared a sandwich and I turned on my laptop. The idea was to get online while waiting for my brother to call and confirm fishing.

Only, I was so tired, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I let the computer sleep while I went upstairs to round up my gear, and change into something warm and comfortable for fishing. But, when I got into the bedroom and undressed, the bed looked so inviting that I decided to just stretch out for a few minutes.

I woke an hour and a half later, and was a bit out of it at first. After a few minutes, I had regained my wits and came downstairs to see what time it was; a quarter to three in the afternoon. I checked the phone, no messages. Next, I heated up some water for some coffee, and settled down with my hot beverage to get woke up a bit more. The phone rang just as I was getting ready to go online.

My brother was just leaving for the lake, and I needed to get my gear together and meet up with him. So, I put the computer back to sleep and rounded up my stuff, then headed out. I got there a few minutes before he did, and we launched the boat and spent a few hours out on the lake. It was pretty nice, and I enjoyed the afternoon, but soon enough it was time to head in and get some dinner, so I could get to bed and be up for work again at three.

The rest of the even went by, and by eight I was about passed out in my chair. By eight thirty I was getting ready for bed and by nine I was stretched out and ready for sleep. Only, I didn't sleep.

Oh, I dozed off soon enough, but then I would start coughing. I did this most of the night, the same as the night before. Around midnight I was up to use the bathroom, and decided to take some allergy medicine and see if that would help. I had taken some cold tablets before bed, since I had not slept much the night before as a result of this cold or whatever I have.

I cough some while I'm up, but at night it gets even worse. My nose is stuffed up so I can't breath, I have so much pressure in my sinuses that my head hurts, and I get this tickle in my throat that gets me coughing. This has been going on since Thursday, and it's really robbed me of any decent sleep.

The allergy medicine helped a lot, but I'm not sure if it relieved the symptoms or just knocked me out. Either way, I got a few hours of sleep in. Of course, Rhonda said that I still was coughing and fitful in my sleep, but at least I had slept.

I suppose just being so tired and feeling so miserable was a big part of my not remembering to write in here yesterday, but it's no excuse. I don't feel any better today, and would have to say I'm even a bit worse. I worked early again, and worked a longer day today, not getting home until about two this afternoon.

Again I was too tired to do much of anything, so I retired for a nap and slept away the entire afternoon. I didn't get up until about six this evening, although I did wake up coughing a few times. After getting up, I fixed a bite to eat, and now I'm in here, writing my entry. No problem remembering today, and it was a busy day at work, I had little sleep last night, and feel even worse. Nope no excuse for not writing yesterday, I just plain spaced it.

I know that's alright, it just kind of baffles me that I didn't remember at all.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830839-Saturday