*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/831423
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #964073
Just because someone can't be seen, doesn't mean they're unimportant.
#831423 added October 16, 2014 at 11:55pm
Restrictions: None
Future
"Dating is really hard. But planning a wedding is hell."

Not happy about the way things have turned out?

"I'm happy I met someone who makes me happy. Most of the time. But planning a wedding is like pulling teeth right now. I wish I could wait another year. And I really wish we could elope. I am bleeding cash out every day it seems, and most of the big expenses haven't even been covered yet. Together with a finacee who's not in the best of places financially, and I am really feeling the heat."

It will be worth it. Can you imagine telling your children that you just got a piece of a paper at a time like this?

"I know. At this rate, we might be one of the first gay couples married here. It's important."

But....?

"I'm doing this largely on my own. I know my future wife is helping me, and her requests aren't super extravagent, but I don't have the money to be doing all of this. I just got a new car, since my old one was on it's last legs, so that's more money, and we still haven't even moved in together yet, so that will be more money for that... I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed we aren't at the same level, financially. I mean that was one of the things I was looking for in a life mate, you know? So I could finally relax, and get a house, and finally be settled for once my life with someone who loved me. But that's not going to happen anytime soon. I'm going to spend the next two to three years paying off the debt of this wedding. And I'll probably be doing it alone, because she hasn't been hired for jobs she's qualified for. This is overwhelming, and it's stressful."

Do you really want to get married to her?

"Of course. I proposed didn't I? I just wish she could wait another year instead of one."

Most people wouldn't want to wait either. She doesn't want to live at home with her parents anymore. She wants to get herself back in a good headspace. You just have to be patient with her.

"I know. I just don't want to get stuck like this, the way we are."

Have faith in your future together, and you'll be fine.
© Copyright 2014 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/831423